Upcoming Woods-W3 Press / Magazines to look for!

I didn't notice any WoY in either of the issues of Metal Maniac's I've received since this post was made...

But I'll look again harder in the latest one soon.

I didn't notice any WoY in either of the issues of Metal Maniac's I've received since this post was made...

But I'll look again harder in the latest one soon.

Yeah, it's not in the new one (Dismember/Soilent Green cover), so it'll probably be the next one.

But the new Unrestrained! will be out this month, and that should tide you over until the next MM...

Well, this is a good time to inform you that we're having WOODS OF YPRES rehearsals up here in the north all this week (starting tomorrow). Expect to read a great story with brand new photos in the November issue of Metal Maniacs, and other sources to follow.

Jamming starts just after 9 am tomorrow. Black metal breakfast!!!

Thanks!

DG - \w/

And finally... Our interview by JJW (from Agalloch) in METAL MANIACS is out! The December issue, on newsstands now!

I've read the article and think it's great. However, here's what they wrote about it on the website:

KRISIUN
Krisiun rule. No two ways about it. Long-running, unrelenting, consistent in quality and output, the Brazilian death metal act has made their career out of kicking ass all the time, everywhere. They’re back with a new album, dubbed Southern Storm, and, not surprisingly, it’s awesome. We’ll tell them how great they are and they’ll like it.

WOODS OF YPRES
The Canadian black metal outfit don’t rant and rave about all the nasty things they’d like to do to Jesus, preferring to tackle more worldly concerns with their lyrics and image. Their melodic sound may not be the most original in the international metal world, but they’re earnest in what they do and they’re actually willing to admit they’re human beings, so that goes a long way as well.

ICED EARTH
Also cover alums, power metal’s most pretentious act (and that is a claim to fame), Iced Earth, check in with the second installment in what’s presumed to be a trilogy of albums, Something Wicked Part II: The Crucible Of Man. The band having reunited with lauded vocalist Matt Barlow — who will no doubt soon leave the band again because guitarist John Schaffer is impossible to work with and everyone knows it — IE nerds have been waiting for this album since, well, the last one.

ENSLAVED
The legendary Norwegian progressive black metallers — and MM cover veterans! — return with Vertebrae, their first album for Nuclear Blast after jumping ship from Candlelight, and boy, have they ever upped the “prog” content. Working with producer du jour Joe Barresi, the rhythm guitars may be gone from the mix, but the critical acclaim is just starting. Expect big things, starting with this cover feature.

THE HAUNTED
One might expect the Swedish melodic thrashers might slow things down a bit by their sixth full-length album, but The Haunted show little interest in taking things easy on Versus, a record which embodies as much confrontation as the title suggests. Angry as ever, The Haunted’s long evolution continues unabated by time, or anything else, for that matter.

Ahem...though, I've heard much worse things said about WoY (and much better!). However, we are in league with some HUGE bands there. :kickass:

Sort of an odd way to describe a band, no? Haha. Anyway, I most definitely need to go pick that up, sweet magazine

DG-- what's the shirt you're wearing in the pic in the new MM?

It's a shirt I bought in Korea...one of many. I had never been too much of a dude into clothes etc... but Korea has tons of awesome rock fashion stuff, and dirt cheap!

It reads: "You Can't Kill Punk!" and there's a hand holding a gun. All the words are in black, except for the word "Kill" which stands out. + It's green, for "The Green Album". + "You can't kill punk!" like "You can't kill me, punk!". So, I liked it, thought it would be fitting for the present time.

Good photo of Evan and I, eh? :)

It's a shirt I bought in Korea...one of many. I had never been too much of a dude into clothes etc... but Korea has tons of awesome rock fashion stuff, and dirt cheap!

It reads: "You Can't Kill Punk!" and there's a hand holding a gun. All the words are in black, except for the word "Kill" which stands out. + It's green, for "The Green Album". + "You can't kill punk!" like "You can't kill me, punk!". So, I liked it, thought it would be fitting for the present time.

Good photo of Evan and I, eh? :)

Yeah, I could kind of make it out-- awesome. And nice, fitting pic.

for anyone who has the metal maniacs issue - you think you could scan or take a pic of the article?
i can't seem to find this mag for the life of me!