update: as of March 9th

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
Here are a few quick updates....

I will have hotel info up soon. Found out from the club that there will be discounts on rooms for all coming. So this is good for all out of towners.

for all people who havent bought tickets worried about bands dropping out last minute.....fear not. As of right now everyone is confirmed. Pre-sale tickets are doing really good.

There will be lots of good vendors this year. Heaven and Hell Records / Sounds of Purgatory will be there with a LOT of stuff. I was at the club tonight looking at space for vendors and there will be enough room for a lot of different stuff. I will update with who else is coming as I hear back from mike...hopefully it will be even more than last year. So bring extra money to spend!!!

Traffic / parking update: There is currently construction on the street in front of Reggies right now. Not sure how long it is going to take...with chicago it could take years. Parking in front of the club is very very very limited but there is lots of metered parking all around the club. Lots of main streets so parking for all who are worried about parking in the city....it isnt that bad. There is going to be construction on the Brown line for the EL. So anyone coming from the Northside will get stuck in a delay there. This wont effect anyone from out of town who wants to explore the city in the afternoon at all.

Food / drink: Just for all who dont know. Reggies has a great restuarant in the club which is open early. So for those out of towners who are staying close by can go there for lunch and hang out. There is also a record store upstairs as well so you dont have to sit outside in line for hours or anything.
Also found out the upstair outside / balcony will be open which has a nice pool table and stuff up there so for anyone who wants to get away from the music and just sit outside and eat / drink can do so upstairs as well.

well you were the one who was saying if he cant get parking behind the club you may not....plus Mike is going to make formal annucements on who is vending. Didnt want to spoil the surprise.

well you were the one who was saying if he cant get parking behind the club you may not....plus Mike is going to make formal annucements on who is vending. Didnt want to spoil the surprise.

All vendors should be able to get parking in the back.

And since I am organizing the vending, I know who will be vending. However, when people don't email you back or get in touch with you, it's hard to get a list of vendors going..

Will bands be able to get parking in the rear? Also, I still need a list of the backing equipment.

I will get mike to give me a list of what bands need to bring. I think parking is going to go to bands who are on mainstage first then go to second stage after that. People need to realize there are going to be about 15 bands a day...room is going to be tight.

Yeah, I don't think Olórin is bringing much equipment anyways. Our stuff is kinda lame and I'd rather use whatever Reggies has to offer anyways lol. So, I guess it doesn't matter for us.

Yeah, I don't think Olórin is bringing much equipment anyways. Our stuff is kinda lame and I'd rather use whatever Reggies has to offer anyways lol. So, I guess it doesn't matter for us.

cool...once mike lets me know what backline stuff he is getting for bands I can give you guys a better list of what to bring...basically guitars / bass / and a mic maybe

Don't bring mics. this will seriously just tick off the soundman.
Unless you have a wireless, like we do, don't bring one.

Backline means exactly that! BACK-line....
(IE - Cabinet and head for 2 guitars and bass, and a drum kit).

No frontline, other than house monitors and mics, will be provided.
In other words, obviously you have to bring your own guitars, cables (if you need more than one), effects, tuners, pedal boards, etc.......

Some bands the first year used their own heads. I would advise this if you are good with your gear, and know how to properly and quickly change them in and out.

In all honesty,things will go a LOT smoother if you leave the backline as is, and simply plug and play.

Don't bring mics. this will seriously just tick off the soundman.
Unless you have a wireless, like we do, don't bring one.

Backline means exactly that! BACK-line....
(IE - Cabinet and head for 2 guitars and bass, and a drum kit).

No frontline, other than house monitors and mics, will be provided.
In other words, obviously you have to bring your own guitars, cables (if you need more than one), effects, tuners, pedal boards, etc.......

Some bands the first year used their own heads. I would advise this if you are good with your gear, and know how to properly and quickly change them in and out.

In all honesty,things will go a LOT smoother if you leave the backline as is, and simply plug and play.

EXACTLY....just a heads up...if you take too long to set up...this will cut into your time. Mike will cut you off at the time stated your set is to end. He did this last year. So be forwarned.

I am planning on bringing the head to my bass rig but only as a backup in case something goes wrong with the rental.

In all honesty as Bob stated above, there are MANY bands playing.
I would not bank on being able to park right behind the venue. Maybe park temporarily to Load in but then expect
To move your vehicle.

I am planning on bringing the head to my bass rig but only as a backup in case something goes wrong with the rental.

In all honesty as Bob stated above, there are MANY bands playing.
I would not bank on being able to park right behind the venue. Maybe park temporarily to Load in but then expect
To move your vehicle.

thanks Jason,

exactly...for anyone who has been to Reggies knows that it is a small area and sincde it is in the city...parking will be an issue and loading in. Honestly though...for any band...DO NOT LEAVE ANY GEAR IN YOUR CAR / VAN. I am talking with Mike in the next day or so and will get info on what is needed and the load in info.

They're in our slot on Saturday.

just a heads up....as of last saturday the friday second stage got pushed back till a 6:45 - 7 ish start time. I have to toss a few ideas around...may just have everyone start later or see if a band wants to move to saturday. I need to talk it over with Odin and see what he thinks. Reggies has a friday Happy Hour thing at 5:30 on fridays till 6:30 with blues music. It actually works out better for all the bands playing early on friday because now you will get to play in front of more people. I will update as soon as I think of a plan.