update this coming friday possibly

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
for those who dont check the facebook wall....this is from Mike ( odin )

As I mentioned before, two more bands have been confirmed...one for each stage. Announcements will hopefully be friday. More good news: all calculable data suggests we will sell out. I may even start confirming the 2014 headliners because of it. Something cool in the works with OZ. That is pending as well. I might be forgetting something. There is just so much going on at once. It's getting hard to focus on one thing at a time.

anyone want to play the guessing game??????

That's awesome news that at this rate, they'll sell out. I'm still holding out hope for Grave Digger as a headliner, but I have a feeling he's still trying to get after Running Wild. As for the bands added, I can't even guess. Curious what the "something cool with Oz" thing is.

WINTERHAWK!!!!!!
Would be a perfect complement to help bring in people who might be interested in seeing ASHBURY, and they are one of Chicago's best kept secrets.....

i really have no idea regarding what the OZ special thing could be.
Maybe playing Third Warning in its entirety?

Nothing will top Pat's guess though.....

just for the record.....when people say...."BOOK THIS BAND FOR RAGNAROKKR.....THEY WOULD BE A GOOD FIT". Odds are THEY were contacted and either never responded back or had some excuse about not being able to play or wanted way to much money for more than they were worth. You would be shocked to hear what some of your favorite acts want for playing....even though they may only draw in 5 people themselves they still want Allstate Arena money.

You would be surprised how many great bands there are who understand the budget and just want to support this festival.

hey..this thread was just to get the 5 of us excited and talking about stuff. I know mike told me the other night he is just getting the final things in place for the main stage annoucement. The second stage one is set. With the second band just almost there. So there should be 3 annoucements hopefully by weeks end. Most of this isnt on mike at all....you should see how slow some of these bands are with getting back.

Yeah Bob,
Sorry, I forgot you are a veteran to booking shows and working with bands.
I should really shut my mouth, you know, since I have never been in a band or put on a show.

What do you expect in a thread like this? You asked people to guess so I did.

really? you booked bands and were in bands....you never talk about that ever on forums. tell us all about it.

I posted that comment about saying ...would be a good fit. After bands because everyone knows already what is a good fit with the fest. it isnt rocket science.

side note: this isnt my first time either booking shows....I did a few punk shows as well a long time ago too.

I posted that comment about saying ...would be a good fit. After bands because everyone knows already what is a good fit with the fest. it isnt rocket science.

I disagree 100%.
Sure, you might, but not everyone knows that bands like ASHBURY or WINTERHAWK would be a good fit, which is why I went into more detail.