Update.

Greets.

It's been an incredibly busy year thus far. Unfortunately, it's all been stuff in the "other than Haji" category. Which isn't to say that the other stuff is bad, (in fact it's all quite good), it's just that it's kept us from being the Haji you all know & loathe for taking so damn long in between discs. :loco:

Ed, Rob & myself have only been in the same room together 2 or 3 times this year, and that includes the new year's eve party.
:OMG:

Eddie has been busy out on the west coast with a bit of managing he's doing.

Rob & I have recorded a prog disc with gtr player Michael Harris & singer Ted Leonard (from Enchant) that should be out sometime this year, as well as joining a local/regional band called Somsara that does quite a bit of gigging.

On the Haji-positive side of things, we *may* have found a singer to do this next disc with. He shows a lot of promise, but due to the lack of available time, we've only been able to get together with him once. He's a bit difficult to describe, but he doesn't sound anything like Eddie Ellis or Vince. Hopefully, he'll turn out to be the guy we need. :headbang:

Thanks for reading, updates as events warrant.

Derek

Mumblefood said:
And can you give us any more info on the prog disc? that sounds interesting!

Just a little... Rob's done.. Ted's about halfway done, and now that Enchant should be back from their Europe tour it shouldn't be much longer for him.. I'm almost done, but I'm waiting on Ted to return my Avalon preamp... I'm not sure what % of Michael's tracks are final at this point.

Rich from Threshold and Bobby from Outworld will be handling the keyboards solos. There may be one other guy, but since it's not nailed down yet, I don't want to name him.

Method of release is still pending.

and yea.. it's interesting. :D

Good to hear you’re almost back in the studio to do another album, looking forward to hearing it, I'm sure it will be just as awesome as the previous albums.
I like the name change, although from where I live only no one has ever heard of you guys, but when I play them Shed or Symptoms I get 'fuck yeah!' so I’m doing my best to spread the word over here
Kudos
Grant

:headbang:

Drummah's right! It'd be great to hear another album from you guys. I mean, songs Images of Change, Day After Day, and Face Down are some of the greatest rock tunes I have ever heard. The name change is good for you though, cuz it makes a lot more sense -- for some reason, the name Haji's Kitchen ([Shame's] Kitchen?) never quite made sense to me, but whatever.
I'd love to hear what you sound like with the new singer. Bands like you guys put most other ones I hear around here, including most of the stuff on the radio, to great shame. The rock genre seriously needs a good kick in the duff these days, and I'm glad you guys are here to do it!

ROCK ON!