Updated DVD trailer (3 extra minutes)

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Here is an updated trailer with 3 additional minutes including more Epica, Savage Circus, Freak Kitchen, and Pyramaze.

http://www.progpowerusa.com/media/ppvii_sampleclips.wmv

cheers,

Glenn

P.S. Due to the holidays and the need for reformatting the backstage footage for me to preview & edit, there may be a slight delay in the shipping date. Please be patient as I'm sure you want a quality product. This is not "Chinese Democracy" but putting a full blown dvd together within 3 months is a HUGE project and we are about 85% complete.

Here is an updated trailer with 3 additional minutes including more Epica, Savage Circus, Freak Kitchen, and Pyramaze.

http://www.progpowerusa.com/media/ppvii_sampleclips.wmv

cheers,

Glenn

P.S. Due to the holidays and the need for reformatting the backstage footage for me to preview & edit, there may be a slight delay in the shipping date. Please be patient as I'm sure you want a quality product. This is not "Chinese Democracy" but putting a full blown dvd together within 3 months is a HUGE project and we are about 85% complete.

Thanks, Glenn! A nice way to start the day. :kickass:

that actually sounds like a good idea

It would probably need a lot more support for that to be viable. I think you need to be able to get at least 10,000 buys before you can even think about making money off a pay-per-view. Maybe closer to 25,000.

But who knows, maybe that will justify getting Dream Theater as a headliner. With Dream Theater on top maybe you could attract 25,000 viewers worldwide with good promotion.

Actually, I think it sounds like a horrible idea. People buy PPVs for events to watch the spectacle and stay in the loop about current events in whatever sport it is. With an individual concert, what will prevent the 500 people who considered buying it on PPV waiting and downloading it on youtube the next day? Nothing personal, but it's the worst idea I've heard since suggesting a band with 4 songs to headline this year :lol:

Besides that, it's a huge logistical nightmare to set up distrubution outside the states, where there wouldn't be much of an audience to sit at home friday and saturday nights. And if he did, then they'd be watching it at 5 in the morning. Factor in less audience space because of the equipment needed to broadcast that wouldn't really be easily placed backstage, and a more elaborate set to stand out.

And think about the impact on the live audience a bit more. To get the equipment needed to do this, he needs money...which would either come from a massive ticket increase the previous year if he plans ahead, or from the year with the broadcast, thereby shifting the focus of the money from procuring the actual big-name bands, something which has been bitched about this year with full focus on it.

Actually, I think it sounds like a horrible idea. People buy PPVs for events to watch the spectacle and stay in the loop about current events in whatever sport it is. With an individual concert, what will prevent the 500 people who considered buying it on PPV waiting and downloading it on youtube the next day? Nothing personal, but it's the worst idea I've heard since suggesting a band with 4 songs to headline this year

Well, I'm no expert, but you do make a good point. But on the other hand, haven't other bands or festivals(like Woodstock '95) done PPV events? And wouldn't the threat of downloading affect wrestling and boxing events as much as music events? And won't the PP DVD end up being downloaded as well?

No offense taken. I know it's a half-baked idea at best.

And think about the impact on the live audience a bit more. To get the equipment needed to do this, he needs money...which would either come from a massive ticket increase the previous year if he plans ahead, or from the year with the broadcast, thereby shifting the focus of the money from procuring the actual big-name bands, something which has been bitched about this year with full focus on it.

Obviously he'd have to risk major money. Vince McMahon risked his whole business on Wrestlemania.

Just a little fantasy of mine, being able to watch PP on TV.