ProgPower USA VII DVD: Preview all 24 Tracks

Having not been at that show, I wish I had not seen that. I was doing good until the VD songs. Then I wanted to kill myself for not being there. It looks like they slayed.

Question: Did Pyramaze and VD have back ground vocals piped in? I heard backing vocals but no one was singing.
Yes they did have prerecorded backing vocals. And Yes VD totally slayed!!!:headbang:

Btw, if someone wants to throw this up on You Tube and tag it with all the bands (more hits that way), then they are welcome to it. Just make sure they know its from the dvd when you post the description.

I will do this when I get home from work this evening - unfortunately that's all blocked here - but i have the tools at home.
:)

That's in about 6 hours. . . I'll post a link up after i do the deed.

Thanks Glenn - this is going to be great!

I will do this when I get home from work this evening - unfortunately that's all blocked here - but i have the tools at home.
:)

That's in about 6 hours. . . I'll post a link up after i do the deed.

Thanks Glenn - this is going to be great!

Hey Wes, hows it going man? i met you and your buddy at PP, you two were 2 of the coolest people i met there. Thanks for the CD you gave me too, it rocks. :headbang: Keep the faith brother!

livingwithwolves!

Thanks brutha! Appreciate that -wow. . . checks in the mail. . .lol.

It's going well - we're making plans for making the trip again this year. We're trying to decide on which hotel is the best. . . You coming back again? We'll have to hang some more! Lots more metal. . . :)

Ok, I've gone ahead and posted the video(s). I used the main post description for the main video.

Here's the main file:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-PKmwu7uzk

And if you'd like to embed the video:
Code:
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P-PKmwu7uzk"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P-PKmwu7uzk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="600" height="350"></embed></object>

According to youtube rules, the video can only be 10 minutes or under 100M - the file is only 50M - so we're safe there - but at 15 minutes. . . I wasn't sure what they'd do. So I cut the video into 3 pieces, and posted them here:

Preview 1: (first 5 bands, consisting of Evergrey, Epica, Thunderstone (w/ special guest), Zero Hour, & Circle II Circle)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOdmCO8Phmk

Preview 2: (Circle II Circle, Savage Circus, Freak Kitchen, Epica, Pyramaze & Mercenary)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek7Nj9fD8_w

Preview 3: (Mercenary, Theocracy, Zero Hour, Circus Maximus, Vision Divine & Savage Circus)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4jLq7o0Z-s

Glenn - the videos look fantastic!! I can't wait to get my hands on the full dvd - and pop it in my surround sound! Thank you!

Sorry about that - the 'big' one, with the whole vid, was denied by youtube. You can get the code for the smaller ones if you go to the videos - I can't hit them from work, but if you like I can post them tonight....

On the first post it says: The ProgPower USA VIII DVD is now available for pre-orders with a confirmed shipping date of January 29th, 2007.

So - depending on where you're at & shipping times - sometime early Feb.

:D

I wasn't there, but chances are they did. It's pretty common

How is this pulled off? Does this require the band to play the music spot on time with the backing track or is the backing track/vocals somehow plugged in where needed with the touch of a button when needed. o_O

*Disclaimer- This is not an attempt to highjack this thread. I had to ask because my curiosity on this subject goes back to Queensryche Empire tour when they played mindcrime spot on with a back track of sorts. :)

How is this pulled off? Does this require the band to play the music spot on time with the backing track or is the backing track/vocals somehow plugged in where needed with the touch of a button when needed. o_O

I'm assuming, as you said, the band plays the music spot on time with the backing track-
This can pretty easily be done by sending at least the drummer (since he normally clicks off the song) a click/track metronome that's lined up with all the backing tracks to his monitors (most likely he'll be wearing in-hear monitors/headphones), and as long as he starts when he's supposed to, it'll all be lined up.

Alternatively, if the backing tracks weren't anything complicated or over the top, I guess they could also have a keyboard player or backup singer off-stage playing/singing when they're supposed to.

I'm assuming, as you said, the band plays the music spot on time with the backing track-
This can pretty easily be done by sending at least the drummer (since he normally clicks off the song) a click/track metronome that's lined up with all the backing tracks to his monitors (most likely he'll be wearing in-hear monitors/headphones), and as long as he starts when he's supposed to, it'll all be lined up.

Alternatively, if the backing tracks weren't anything complicated or over the top, I guess they could also have a keyboard player or backup singer off-stage playing/singing when they're supposed to.

Many of the bands at Progpower typically have some type of click track going to the drummer. He then starts the samples using a sampler, mini-disc, ADAT, or in the case of a few bands this year - an iPod. o_O
He then counts off the beginning of the song.
This steady tempo assures that when the tracks come in, they are in synch with the rest of the song
In other cases, they are sampled on keyboards, and the keyboardist triggers them live (one key may have a 20 voice choir on it, aniother key may trigger an explosion or other effect, etc)
Those can also be programmed and sequenced, as long as ther eis a click track or other "steady" tempo that the band is cueing off of.

Option B -they added it in the studio after they got the Video ??

3 days and counting for ship date! (2 if you don't count Sunday because there is no mail that day!)

-Metal

God I hope they make this ship date. I pre-ordered the DVD in hopes that I could give it to my daughter as a Christmas present, as she was VERY disappointed at not making the show this year (HUGE EG fan!).

THEN, I told her it would be a "late" xmas present.
THEN, I told her it woudl be her birthday present.

Well, her birthday is tomorrow and we still have no disk. I would like nothing better than to give this to her next week.

Hope it happens.:cry:

Your credit card statement for the ending purchase period month you ordered it on should have had it listed if you were charged for it. I was charged back on Sept.21, 2006 for my dvd. Lets hope lucidlounges is kind enough to post here that they "have" started shipping them to us.