Updated some plugins, now nothing works in Reaper

Dan R

Apr 13, 2011
Ottawa, Canada
I updated some of my plugins yesterday (vcc, vtm, vbc) and now none of my other plugins are loading. For some reason Reaper's 32 bit host keeps popping up and crashing even though I'm running Reaper in 32 bit to begin with. None of my SPL, Fabfilter, Soundtoys, or Izotope plugs will run, and putting any of my slate plugins on a channel mutes the output completely.

has anyone else encountered this? is there a fix? I've tried re-installing, but no luck.
Cheers,

If you remove all of the Slate stuff from your plugin folder, will Reaper load and run properly?

I did, no change. Then I opened a fresh session and everything worked fine. I'm thinking I may just have way too much stuff going on in this session. Still strange that the 32 bit host keeps popping up though.

Thanks for your help! Cheers!

I did, no change. Then I opened a fresh session and everything worked fine. I'm thinking I may just have way too much stuff going on in this session. Still strange that the 32 bit host keeps popping up though. I tried running Reaper in 64 bit a while back so I'm thinking that may have something to do with it.

Anyway thanks for your help,

cheers!

Make sure you have the multithreading on in the settings to process on more than one core. This option is actually off by default and it doesn't take long for session to become unstable.

I did, no change. Then I opened a fresh session and everything worked fine. I'm thinking I may just have way too much stuff going on in this session. Still strange that the 32 bit host keeps popping up though. I tried running Reaper in 64 bit a while back so I'm thinking that may have something to do with it.

Anyway thanks for your help,

cheers!

Surely, you must be running the 64 bit host then? I would do a clean install and decide what version you want and stick with it. I run 64 bit and have no 32bit plugins enabled to avoid the extra host.