Urban Warfare! o.Ô'

narcossintese

Nov 4, 2008
Brazil
www.myspace.com
Long story short: The police is building control stations on the Favelas and the drug dealers are going berserker because this is bad for the business. This last week the criminals have been raising hell in protest, like burning random cars, busses, doing "drive by shootings" on police departments, etc. Today the police decided to make a big joint-operation with the Marines and, well, take a look on what´s going on. It´s crazier than Mario Kart spinning on the banana. There are no more pistols and police cars, just assault rifles and tanks.

Stallone once made fun of it but our police logo actually is two crossed pistols and a skull with a knife on it:

14tropa3190.jpg

and this is their urban vehicle:
screenhunter13nov252104.jpg

I don´t recall ever seeing real tanks on the streets until today. The bodies are hitting the floor like crazy.

screenhunter01nov252057.jpg

screenhunter04nov252058.jpg

screenhunter05nov252059.jpg

screenhunter11nov252103.jpg

screenhunter06nov252059.jpg

screenhunter12nov252104.jpg

They´re probably doing all this to make the city "safe" for the Olympics and World Cup. The next months are going to be a fuckin bloodbath.

Sad news man, i saw this on the tv today, they weren`t showing any signs of violence on the images just a couple of police officers talking to a reporter. This kind of news alway get polished to hide the real truth.

That police logo looks fucking metal :rofl:

That's fucked man. I hope everything turns out alright for you and those close to you.

Thanks. Actually this is happening on a city next to the one I live, although we had our share of urban warfare a few years ago (but not with real tanks on the streets like today).

Sad news man, i saw this on the tv today, they weren`t showing any signs of violence on the images just a couple of police officers talking to a reporter. This kind of news alway get polished to hide the real truth.

Yeah, there are lots of good people living on the slums, and when you fill the place with trigger happy killers with assault rifles (on both sides) there will always be innocent people killed by "lost bullets" (not sure if I can use this term in english). Too many kids die this way. These unlucky dudes on this pic, for example, were only 11 and 18 years old and were just passing by.

screenhunter14nov260327.jpg

FAL on Favela is pro, needs holographic or ACOG though.
Can you believe that? These guys are all using FAL, Para-FAL and AR-15. I think that they don´t even bother carrying a handcuff with them anymore. These men dressed in black (with the skull logo) are from BOPE, our "SWAT". Just take a look at their vehicle (second pic). They call it "Caveirão" ("The Big Skull"), and it used to blast a song on the speakers with the following lyrics (no shit):

Men in black, what´s your mission?
Break into the favela and let the bodies hit the floor!
Men in black, what do you do?
I do things that scares even Satan!
Dogs barking;
Children crying;
Criminals on the run;
It´s the BOPE coming in!
It´s the BOPE killing!
Die hard elite squad,
Kill one,
Kill'em all,
Also gonna get you

:zombie:
I´ve been told that tomorrow there will be another joint operation with the army. Probably bigger. Not sure where this is going, but things are beyond fucked up.

Crazy shit. I noticed they are using FAL from the pics as well. Also, the term in English is "stray bullet(s)", same difference though really.

While that completely sucks ass, I can't say that I'm really surprised, shocked, or disappointed - this is, more or less, the only effective way to take care of the situation down there. The 4 days I spent in Rio last summer were pretty frightening as a gringo tourist, if I'm perfectly honest - huge change from what I was used to from being in Coritibia the week before.

This is what happens when drug cartels and organized crime syndicates are allowed to flourish in that kind of area - eventually, the only way to get rid of them is a civil war of sorts.

Thanks. Actually this is happening on a city next to the one I live, although we had our share of urban warfare a few years ago (but not with real tanks on the streets like today).

Yeah, there are lots of good people living on the slums, and when you fill the place with trigger happy killers with assault rifles (on both sides) there will always be innocent people killed by "lost bullets" (not sure if I can use this term in english). Too many kids die this way. These unlucky dudes on this pic, for example, were only 11 and 18 years old and were just passing by.

screenhunter14nov260327.jpg

Can you believe that? These guys are all using FAL, Para-FAL and AR-15. I think that they don´t even bother carrying a handcuff with them anymore. These men dressed in black (with the skull logo) are from BOPE, our "SWAT". Just take a look at their vehicle (second pic). They call it "Caveirão" ("The Big Skull"), and it used to blast a song on the speakers with the following lyrics (no shit):

Men in black, what´s your mission?
Break into the favela and let the bodies hit the floor!
Men in black, what do you do?
I do things that scares even Satan!
Dogs barking;
Children crying;
Criminals on the run;
It´s the BOPE coming in!
It´s the BOPE killing!
Die hard elite squad,
Kill one,
Kill'em all,
Also gonna get you

:zombie:
I´ve been told that tomorrow there will be another joint operation with the army. Probably bigger. Not sure where this is going, but things are beyond fucked up.

I was just making a dumb Modern Warfare 2 reference. Sorry.

I was just making a dumb Modern Warfare 2 reference. Sorry.

I know! I mean, it´s just like a FPS, but it sucks because we are the NPCs :lol:
I remember seeing a pic a while ago of our police that was almost a videogame screenshot:

AKIMBO!

screenhunter01nov261248.jpg

eventually, the only way to get rid of them is a civil war of sorts.

Just killing them is not the solution, we are doing this for 20 years and it never ends. But it seems that the places where these police control stations have been built are much better now, as the community feel more confident in not letting the drug lords rise again.

LOL I always read on the news that they get swords, but had never seen the pictures. Do you live near the areas where the police want to build the Pacifier Units?

I used to live nearer, but currently I'm located in one of the most peaceful neighborhoods (Jardim Botanico). But you know, Rio is quite small, so there's no safe zone here. We can see a different favela from almost every spot in the city.