URGENT - Fixing Snare Loss after mastering

Pman

Feb 18, 2006
UK
www.facebook.com
So i was supposed to send the master CD off to the CD pressing place yesterday but since listening in the car to the final masters, the snare is totally gone.
I have the master files pre and post my own maximiser but the snare is pretty similar levels on both.
By coincidence i also have the isolated raw snare files and i'd be happy to just stick them on top with some processing.
But the files have been through some reel to reel tape processing and the timings no longer match (the final masters being a bit slower and longer than the original files)

I would appreciate any ideas.

https://soundcloud.com/wortsludge/a-new-culture-of-profound/s-H3OLg
The stream is set to private so you'll have to click the link.

I think the snare is fine and keeps a good balance with the other drum elements, especially considering that the mix is very guitar heavy. If you would increase the snare level you would most likely also need to increase the other drum elements as well as to not create the impression of having an overpowered snare compared to the other drum elements. I would keep it as it is.

Best thing usually is to check your final balances before exporting the mix for mastering by running it through a limiter to see if limiting the peaks requires level adjustments on the drums.