Urgent help needed! coffee in tube amp!

Lord Lurion said:
it costs 1300€ here (about 1400$ as well). Europe is the place for absurd intrument price-tags.

Aside maybe from European made amps? :D
But since USA has loads of quality gear manufacturers, they get to buy them much cheaper than us... :erk: You lucky bastards! :tickled:

Peavey isn't British ? I thought... Anyway, must be wrong. It's true that Marshall are cheaper here in Europe, while Mesa are much more expensive than in the US... Too bad I prefer Mesa...

Edit : Ok, Peavey is from Mississipi... My bad... I'd swear I've seen the Union Jack somewhere associated with Peavey... Bah...

maybe I missed it, but was the amp on... I know you said the power valves were fried, but how do you know? did you check them?

since I repair my own amps, I can say this, but I'd pull the amp apart... totally. gently clean the boards and chassis with mildly soapy water, rinse and let it dry thoroughly. Then take it to a amp tech and have him put it together check it out. It may end up only requiring a revalve. Hopefully the fuses saved the amp.

Kazrog said:
We're talking about an $800 (USD) amp here. That's not pocket change to me, and even if it was, this is a matter of principal, not monetary value.

I think that 800$ it's a good amount of money, we're not talking about 100$ :)
uhm well here (italy) xxx costs something like 1199€(1400 $) it's a cheap amp if you consider Mesa dual is about 2200€ (2500 $) in the end xxx is half the price of a dual.
It's really bad when someone ruins your amp when he could pay attention.
A person works hard for having good stuff working and then a piece of shit breaks it.
Really too bad!

Maurizio