Use of grunt...

steel102 said:
pigs grunt, wolves growl :immortal:

Good point actually.

Also, let me just make sure you guys understand what i meant by my comment.

I do not wish Mike to sing clean because I don't like the growls. On the contrary, imo he has one of the best growls in the business, and quite honestly I can't get enough of them.

However, that doesn't change the fact that I would love to hear more heavy songs with clean vocals. I'm not saying get rid of the growls, but a couple of clean heavy songs would be great.

That is all.

illidurit said:
hmm except that a 'grunt' is defined not only by pitch but by duration, so if people use 'grunt' and 'growl' interchangably they're wrong, like metal wrath

i always thought that "grunts" is just a stupid expression for the word "growls"
imo its the same

narcoleptic haze said:
Good point actually.

Also, let me just make sure you guys understand what i meant by my comment.

I do not wish Mike to sing clean because I don't like the growls. On the contrary, imo he has one of the best growls in the business, and quite honestly I can't get enough of them.

However, that doesn't change the fact that I would love to hear more heavy songs with clean vocals. I'm not saying get rid of the growls, but a couple of clean heavy songs would be great.

That is all.
AGREE. Anyway this guy sings is phenominal. Nothing wrong with more "clean" style.

The thing at 8:00min in Nectar, I hereby define as "blood-curdling awesome vocals"

When I was 12 and I was listening to Korn or some shit, I took a break and listened to Nectar. That part made me Hate everything non-Opeth. (Especially Korn)