using drumagog live

We used drumagog about 5 years ago live, with an M-Audio FastTrack Pro card. We didn't even use midi, we used kick mic to an insert, then off to a DM instance in Cubase. On stage it worked well, but we had to tweak a lot in-between shows (constantly adjusting the insert fader or the sensitivity scale inside DM cause kicks were either not getting enough sensitivity or doubled). If you use it, obviously use a midi trigger.

We switched to an Alesis module after a few shows cause we grew tired of tweaking it all the time.

Check out the DDrum4 se. hands down the easiest and most reliable module I've used.(and it triggers more accurately than the dm5 /d4 esp. if you only have one kick) you can load your own samples too. should be instructions on how to do it in the owners manual.

super easy live because you don't have to dive into all the deep settings ,flipping through screens to adjust settings. it has a gain/threshold knob for each channel. it's as easy as setting the level on a mic pre. hook it up,hit the kick,turn the knob done. If your drummer keeps it within reach on stage he can reach over and adjust on the fly between songs/during breaks if he hears a misfire

the d4 and dm5 work good if they are dialed in on a specific kit but if you are playing a fest or something and have to play on a different kit the dm5 and d4 can both be a nightmare to get to trigger right(at least it the amount of time you have to set up)

you can also check out the roland vdrum brains too,similar set up to the ddrum4

can someone who already has one of those 2box drumit5 explain how it works and how I can load multisamples onto the brain? I can't spend 999€ on it without this knowledge.. :(
thank you!
c