Using drumagog what do i do for cymbals/hats

heavenshell

Jul 26, 2006
im planing on using ddrum pro triggers and recording the bleeps going right into pres but im just wondering what do i do for hats and cymbals over dub them after like only have my toms kick and snare triggered and he over dubs the cybals after plz help.. tips..

Andrew~

I don't really think Drumagog is any good for replacing cymbals at all, from my experience at least. If you're going to be using Drumagog to trigger the kick/snare/toms later though, why not just set up a spaced pair to pick up the cymbals and record everything at once?

You could also be like recording cymbals and drums seperately which is kind of hard for some drummers to do since most don't practice under those conditions.

The other thing you could do is use a drum sequencing software afterwards (assuming you tracked to a click and the drummer buried it 9/10th's of the time) and just sequence out all the cymbals hits that you want, but at that point I think you might as well just get DFHS and sequence the whole damn performance =D.

Dude Drumagog really wasn't meant to be used for that, in all honesty. I know it CAN do it, but as far as the quality of results...very low at best. It's much better at doing the snare, kick or toms. I use it on some sessions to replace the kick, snare, and all of the toms using DFHS GOG files I made, and also using the Sneap Kick™ and every once in a while the Sneap Snare™. I've never purposefully tried to use it for overheads, but I did accidentally add Drumagog to a ride track once and it was triggering a timbale sample and sounded kinda cool for the track (it was a latin type of rock music, so it fit, haha)...but other than that I've never sat there and said "man those cymbals are joke...wonder if Drumagog can fix it"...just doesn't seem to even be able to do the job.

~e.a

elephant-audio said:
Dude Drumagog really wasn't meant to be used for that, in all honesty. I know it CAN do it, but as far as the quality of results...very low at best. It's much better at doing the snare, kick or toms. I use it on some sessions to replace the kick, snare, and all of the toms using DFHS GOG files I made, and also using the Sneap Kick™ and every once in a while the Sneap Snare™. I've never purposefully tried to use it for overheads, but I did accidentally add Drumagog to a ride track once and it was triggering a timbale sample and sounded kinda cool for the track (it was a latin type of rock music, so it fit, haha)...but other than that I've never sat there and said "man those cymbals are joke...wonder if Drumagog can fix it"...just doesn't seem to even be able to do the job.

~e.a

Where can one find this Sneap kick/snare? ...Is it already a .gog file?