Using the lyrics

stormthor

New Metal Member
Apr 30, 2011
Hello guys!

After being polite and introducing myself properly in the related topic, I want to ask you something. I joined this forum mostly because of one doubt I have: do you CM members allow me to use some lyrics in my graduation project?

I'm currently studying graphic design here in Brazil and my graduation project is a video-game pre-production book (it's like an artbook, but it's also a manual to make the game). I'm also creating the script, the story, characters, concept art, everything.

But it turns out the story has a lot to do with some Isolate's lyrics, specially Mouth of Madness and Ultimate Sacrifice. So I wanted to know if I could quote some lyrics and turn them into some character's speech - or narrative commentaries.

This project will be for college only with no profit intentions. If some game producer see my presentation and get interested about it, I'll make everything under the law to profit CM.

Well, I could have just put the lyrics and ignore the copyrights, saying that it was all mere coincidence, but nobody should do it without asking the rightful owners - even creative commons should not be treated this way.

The lyrics would be added in my bibliography items if allowed.

So, just to make sure and do everything correctly, as a form of respect for the amazing music you guys from CM make! Ah yes haha the final chapter of my script isn't ready yet, but the title is "Ultimate Sacrifice" already =)

Hail to Circus Maximus! Thanks for the attention and many luck to you, CM guys!

Rock on!!!

\o/

The funny thing is that I had an intuition few days ago about this topic being replied by you, Michael Eriksen haha and look, here we are! \o/

Thank you very much, really! And no, it's not too late, I must deliver it on next Mon, 13th Jun, so I still have some days left.

Once again, thank you very very much! You have no idea what it means to me ^^ be sure life (or me, or someone else) will pay you back for all the good deeds =)

I'll tell you guys later about it when I finish my project in December, I still have to make thousands of illustrations and designs.

And sure, your good luck will work! haha thanks again and good luck with your projects also! \o/