UT2004 Stock looks sketchy at Play.com

DE

vote bnp
Feb 13, 2003
Afghanistan
Apparently Atari are reluctant to give Play.com much stock of UT2004, due to their low selling price, which means that lots of people might be disappointed... SculptedCold, have you got yours yet? Mine's 'Awaiting Stock' according to the site :(

The representative I rang said that it would be about a week, but I really don't know if they'll be able to do it. Fingers crossed, or else I'll have to pay £35 for it :(

I hardly see that as a reason. I think the play.com company doesn't want to order a whole bunch of them to possibly be stuck with them.

At EB.com, you could have preordered it, and received a $20 rebate and effectively get it for $20... and use another coupon to get it for $10.

Frys will have hundreds of copies, and they'll sell it for at least 25% discount for the first week or three of release.

It's definitely true, and they've received thousands of pre-release orders so I doubt they're reluctant to buy stock. Maybe they have a different European distributor.

As far as I know mine is still on awaiting stock. Trust me xeno; Play.com will ship every single copy of UT2k4 that they get from Atari. 17.99 and free delivery is too good a deal to pass-up. Or at least....they would have. I dunno, every other distro in britain has already gotten and shipped-out the game, so they must be having issues with Atari about the price/number of copies they want. I would imagine the issue is less Atari not wanting Play.com to sell at such a low price, but rather the fact that Play.com probably need a HUGE shipment to meet thier own customers demands. But really, I haven't got a clue. I won't be back at my flat for two weeks, so I can afford to save money by waiting thankfully.

Well, Atari won't care who sells it for what as long as Atari gets it's price. If there aren't enough copies, then that's because they can't make them fast enough.

The SE DVD was sold out a few days after release, with no plans on coming out with any more... I had to pre-order mine, and they only got 3 in the store I go to. I expect them to sell for a lot on ebay.

The regular DVD or CD might be in limited supply due just to high demand. So far, it looks like it'll be game of the year.

Atari think that it's devaluing their product.

Your order for "Unreal Tournament 2004 (DVD version)" has been posted.

Please allow 3-5 days for delivery.

S'all good though :)

Mine was dispatched earlier today! yay!

not that it matters....i can't keep grumbling about this; i'm not going to be home for almost two weeks anyway! ARGGGHHHHH!!! *cries* :bah:

The SE DVD was only a limited edition, once the first batch sold out, the normal set without the headset or aluminum cover is sent out... There IS a normal DVD set. The SE's have been sold out for a while, except the ones slated for Europe.

darn tootin'!! :tickled:

this is awesome; play.com just sent me a two pound-off next purchase cybervoucher apology for the late stock of 2k4!!! ace!

mark of a caring retailer. =D

xenophobe said:
The SE DVD was only a limited edition, once the first batch sold out, the normal set without the headset or aluminum cover is sent out... There IS a normal DVD set. The SE's have been sold out for a while, except the ones slated for Europe.
phew.... i didn't know that.... i'm damn glad i preordered a week in advance!