V.9 Threat is All - Japanese Release at TowerRecords.com

Praetorian

don't lose ur head
Feb 14, 2002
hells kitchen
Visit site
Does anyone own a copy of this? Does anyone know the track listing on this release? If you go to www.towerrecords.com they have it there under Anthrax discography. I have never heard of this before. It sounds like a special Japanese release of Volume 8. Are there any unreleased tracks?:Shedevil:

Hi!

I thought i knew all Anthrax b-sides but on the towerrecords-page i read about some Anthrax-songs i've never heard of.

Do you know these Anthrax-songs?:

1)Capitalism is Cannibalism/Violence is Violence
2)Destroyer
3)It'll be alright on the night
4)They've got it all wrong
5)Lethal (Anthrax is just a guest artist on this one)
6)What Will Tomorrow

I listened to some and "They've got it all wrong" doesn't sound like Anthrax. "Destroyer" sounds great.

cu
Thrashard (the ant in bRaTpRiNcEsSes shoe)

I think this 'Vol. 9' thing is a typo. They also called one Anthrax song, "Got the Thing". (oops)

Hi!

There must be an other band called "Anthrax". Because some of the tracks mentioned above are not from our New Yorker metalheads. Our Anthrax-guys would never be on a compilation called "100% British Punk".
Damn, i never heard of an other band called "Anthrax".
If Scott knows about them?

cu

Originally posted by Thrashard
Hi!

There must be an other band called "Anthrax". Because some of the tracks mentioned above are not from our New Yorker metalheads. Our Anthrax-guys would never be on a compilation called "100% British Punk".
Damn, i never heard of an other band called "Anthrax".
If Scott knows about them?

cu
There was another Anthrax long ago like Justin said, but the "Lethal" thing was actually Anthrax collaborating with soem rap group. Either the band was called Lethal or the song they did was.

"Destroyer" is off the Twisted Sister tribute album "Twisted Forever" that came out last year. It's an interesting track, but certainly not one of their best. I thought it was an odd choice...of all the Twisted songs, why this one? Does it have some significance in Anthrax's development?

All in all, the album is worth a listen, with some good tracks besides Anthrax, too, such as Motorhead covering "Shoot'em Down", and Twisted Sister themselves recording a cover of "Sin City".

I never knew there was another Anthrax.

BTW-How's the FAQ coming along? Are you still updating it?
I think this is good trivia for the FAQ.

I haven't really worked on the FAQ like I said I would. I think I might spend more time on it over the summer. I also want to write a band history. I may be putting a list on here of articles I have and ask for people to mail me copies of any cool articles they have that I don't. I want a long-ass detailed history of the band with endnotes citing every single quote. Academic journal quality research. That way colleges can start offering courses on Anthrax history. We can make a study guide too. And a test bank of multiple choice questions. We can also have tiny samples of Anthrax songs so they can be used to name that tune on exams.

Maybe.
Maybe NOT.