Vader Cabs

Immortal Extinction

Extinction of God
Feb 20, 2004
I've noticed ALOT of metal bands are using Vader Cabs live. But havent heard of anyone using them for studio work. Does anyone have any experience with them? Or Impulses perhaps?

Construction looks OK, but I just can't stand Legends...Harsh high end.

I've heard them live a few times through the same amps I use and I just couldn't get into them.

I can't help but think their popularity is as much hype and the circle they seem to cater to as much as dudes truly liking the sound.

Again, I can't say anything bad about the construction, only their choice of speaker.

Yeah they are built heavy, and are kinda tall, if my memory serves right....

Definitely road ready, which is part of the reason I think they are more popular. You could drop it down a flight of stairs and be good.

If I remember correctly, Whitechapel used Vader-cabs on their previous record, the one before This Is Exile

I've noticed ALOT of metal bands are using Vader Cabs live. But havent heard of anyone using them for studio work. Does anyone have any experience with them? Or Impulses perhaps?

The reason so many touring bands use them is because they are covered in truck bed "Rhino" liner, and they last forever.

Our guitar players each used a full stack for 200+ shows per year for the past 3 years and they seriously still looked brand new when they sold them off at the beginning of this year. Never had any other problems with them other than the input failing in one of the cabs once. Adam immediately sent us a replacement input.

Can't beat that quality.

The reason so many touring bands use them is because they are covered in truck bed "Rhino" liner, and they last forever.

Our guitar players each used a full stack for 200+ shows per year for the past 3 years and they seriously still looked brand new when they sold them off at the beginning of this year. Never had any other problems with them other than the input failing in one of the cabs once. Adam immediately sent us a replacement input.

Can't beat that quality.

I was considering getting an Engl cab, but considering how well the Vaders are built I may just get some V30s to swap in to em for recording...I'm assuming the result would still be in the ballpark of the sound of an XXL or Reco OS with V30s

Can you even get a Vader cab open? My understanding was they're built to be like a solid unit (and recto cabs are so cheap used, come on! :D)