Valley Dolls @ Tropical Tides, Tacoma WA

LowGuitar253

Basshole
Dec 6, 2002
Tacoma, WA
Visit site
Last night fellow board member Losfer Words and I went out to the new club Tropical Tides in Tacoma WA to check out the Valley Dolls, featuring Doodoobubbachuck on the drums. 80's hair band rock at its hair-spraying, spandex wearing best! We enjoyed hearing the girls belt out some old favorites! Check them out if they come to your town.

By the way, what happened to the opening band? A no-show?

I would have liked to catch the show tonight at Cheers West but I think I have SARS. OK, maybe just a cold....

PS. Damn, Linda/Doodoobubbachuck/Nikki hits those drums HARD! :headbang:

LowGuitar253 said:
Last night fellow board member Losfer Words and I went out to the new club Tropical Tides in Tacoma WA to check out the Valley Dolls, featuring Doodoobubbachuck on the drums. 80's hair band rock at its hair-spraying, spandex wearing best! We enjoyed hearing the girls belt out some old favorites! Check them out if they come to your town.
What songs did they play?

Looks like they are part of that Metal Sludge thing in LA.

LowGuitar! Losfer!!!!!! You were there at Tropical Tides?!?! You guys didn't even say "hi". :cry: Wassup? I was looking forward to meeting you at Cheers West!!!! Every time someone came to chit chat I was like, "are you LowGuitar, or Losfer Words?" and they thought I was nuts. hehe. THe opener on the first night played the second night. They are all young military peeps and had a sudden conflicting schedule, you know how that can go during these times, so they played the 2nd night instead. Great band! Kameltoe. Thanks for coming out guys! Hope it was entertaining! Cheers!

LowGuitar253 said:
Damn, Linda/Doodoobubbachuck/Nikki hits those drums HARD! !:headbang:

Yes, I found that out the hard way while in the studio with Uprooted. She plays like my friend Jeff.

And, it's not just the drums she hits hard... :cry:

Bruce Chickinson said:
Awwwwwwwwww Smylex...whenever did Linda hit you? I thought it was a particular blonde that threw a shoe that hit your back... Eeeeek...we must sound like a violent crew here....

I don't remember anyone throwing shoes...:erk: How drunk was I? :) Was I drinking? It must have been a Hunter S. Thompson moment, a la Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. "My god! Did I say that, or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

There is a certain blonde who does like to use my shirt as a towel since she refuses to bring hers...which is why I now bring an extra shirt after the show. :p

As to Linda, it's her little game of "Tap the Smylex" that ends up getting me tiny bruises the size of drumstick tips. :cry:

Hey Linda, sorry we couldn't hook up....we looked for you after the 2nd set, but couldn't find ya... :erk:

I would have liked to come to Cheers West if it weren't for being sick as a dog (I feel sorry for dogs if that phrase has any truth to it!)...still sick today, missing work even! :ill:

I swear next time you come to town I will track you down and introduce myself...I can just imagine the looks you got asking people "are you LowGuitar?" - "What?"

Both of us are coming to LA (actually Anaheim) in a couple of weeks - looks like were just going to miss that Metal Sludge thing by an hour or so! :cry:

Anyway, it was cool seeing your Hair Band!

LG

Doodoobubbachuck said:
LowGuitar! Losfer!!!!!! You were there at Tropical Tides?!?! You guys didn't even say "hi". :cry: Wassup? I was looking forward to meeting you at Cheers West!!!! Every time someone came to chit chat I was like, "are you LowGuitar, or Losfer Words?" and they thought I was nuts. hehe. THe opener on the first night played the second night. They are all young military peeps and had a sudden conflicting schedule, you know how that can go during these times, so they played the 2nd night instead. Great band! Kameltoe. Thanks for coming out guys! Hope it was entertaining! Cheers!

smylex said:
I don't remember anyone throwing shoes...:erk: How drunk was I? :) Was I drinking? It must have been a Hunter S. Thompson moment, a la Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. "My god! Did I say that, or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

tickled.gif
Hey, I just got that DVD~one of my all time favorite books....and no, you weren't drunk....just dazed by my talents at shoe throwing in riverside! you lent me your shirt after i already had it on. :erk: what a night! and speaking of shirts.....

smylex said:
There is a certain blonde who does like to use my shirt as a towel since she refuses to bring hers...which is why I now bring an extra shirt after the show. :p

I've been meaning to pick you up a terry cloth shirt (so soft!)

~Congrats on the show Lin! Did the sun come out while you were there?

MiniMurray said:
Congrats on the show Lin! Did the sun come out while you were there?
Thanks Smarshy! The clouds parted but the sun was timid. Perhaps it will shine when the Maidens make our triumphant return!!!!! I smell another offer on the way.....or was that Jen's hubby?
lol.gif
Hey, I stayed in your last room at the hotel! I may have slept in your body print!

LowGuitar, why did the Shoboat close down? What happened? And yes, dammit, we will all meet someday!

Hey Linda:

Great show at the Tides on Friday. Sorry that Mr. LowG and I coundn't catch up with you. It was great to hear all those classic 80's metal tunes. It felt like high school again :tickled:

Are the Maidens' planning to play in California sometime in late April? I heading down to L.A. with LowG to catch some of that California sunshine during the last week of April. What's a good hot spot down there to see some good bands (the whiskey?).

Anywho, back to drum practice.

Thanks
Losfer Words

Linda:

Let's see. We will be in L.A./Aniheim from April 26th through May 3rd.

Yee Haa, I can't wait to see a beach with actual sand and without large rocks or boulders :cool:. Gonna do the tourist thing, Hollywood, Venice Beach, Disneyland, Check our the clubs, etc., etc., etc.

LW