Maiden Tacoma

LowGuitar253

Basshole
Dec 6, 2002
Tacoma, WA
Visit site
Saw a great show last night at Tropical Tides in Tacoma, WA. The Iron Maidens kicked much butt as usual. My ears are still ringing, but in a good way. o_O

Aja, you rock, girl! A GREAT addition to the mighty Maidens. All the rest of the Maidens were fantastic as well. Linda was hitting the skins as hard as ever...you're like a drum machine back there (as in rock solid!) :worship:

Hope to see the Maidens in the Northwest again soon, or maybe on my next trip to So. Cal.

Just Dirt did a great job as always too. If you're in the Seattle area and haven't seen them, check them out soon.

Thanks for a great show, ladies! :headbang:

LowGuitar253 in Tacoma

I was hanging with the gals tonight at the Just Dirt clubhouse. A good time was had by all. Interrewsting to see Sara play drums and Jojo sing.... I'll leavethe rest a mystery. :D Tomorrow night is showtime!

I know I'm forgetting some tunes, but I seem to remember these...of course, please factor in old age, beer, and previous youthful indescretions if I think I heard a song the Maidens DIDN'T play! ;)

In no particular order:

Be Quick or Be Dead
Where Eagles Dare
Fear of the Dark
2 Minutes to Midnight
Genghis Khan
Killers
Revelations
The Number of the Beast
Run to the Hills
Wasted Years
Hallowed Be Thy Name
The Trooper
Rime of the Ancient Mariner

No Aces High, though..? Or was I that drunk? :(

I know there were a few others, but I'm suffering from short-term memory loss. But what I DO remember is that the show rocked! :tickled:

Any corrections...anyone? Bueller? LosferWords?

LG

LowGuitar253 said:
Just Dirt did a great job as always too. If you're in the Seattle area and haven't seen them, check them out soon.

Thanks for a great show, ladies! :headbang:

LowGuitar253 in Tacoma
Thanks for the thumbs up review of the show, LowGuitar! Glad you enjoyed it. We had so much fun!

I agree, Just Dirt rocked! They're not only enormously talented, but are also really cool people. In fact, everyone I met up in the GREAT Northwest were just wonderful and made me feel so welcome and comfortable. I appreciate it so much, everyone, and really look forward to coming back, hopefully SOON!!!!
:wave:

LowGuitar, we didn't meet once again!!! Hey now, what up w/that??? And was Losfer there with you??? Please let us know when you're down this way next! And you are right, everyone in WA go check out Just Dirt if you haven't already. Great band, great guys, great times! www.just-dirt.com Woohoo!

Sorry Linda, I know we keep missing ya. :yell:

Yep, my buddy Losfer Words was there with me...in fact it's his fault we missed you. He was out past his bedtime so we had to go right after the show! Either that or he had too many beers. In any case, it was all HIS fault! ;)

The next time I come to CA I will try my best to catch a show. Not sure when that will be, but hopefully not too far in the future.

Just Dirt is defintely a great band. Losfer has been taking drum lessons from Chris for around a year or so. Maybe he'll be ready to sit in with you guys soon...

Keep rockin, you guys (gals)!

LG

Hi gals:

Great show, as always. It was great to hear Genghis Khan played live. I hope you all had a great time in the Pacific Northwest.

As for leaving right after the show, sorry about that. I needed my beauty sleep for work the next day. Plus, it was hard work trying to keep Low Guitar from stage diving throughout the show. Hope to see you all again up here or down in Cali.

Linda: It so great to watch you hit the skins. Thanks again for your referral to Chris, of Just Dirt, for Drum Lessons. He's a great guy and teacher. Drumming is way too much fun!!

Mini Murray: Do you have a bad wheel? What happened? If so, sorry about that.

Later all. Keep a rockin'

LW

Losfer Words said:
Mini Murray: Do you have a bad wheel? What happened? If so, sorry about that.
hey lw - i snapped my achilles playing soccer and had surgery to repair the tendon about 3 months ago. i was kicking ass in rehab and stopped wearing my big black smelly velcro boot, but 8 shows in 11 dayz made it swell again so i've been icing it ever since and the boot is back on. my dad had the same injury running track back in high school twice and this weekend my mom is flying in to see our show in sac with a cast on her wheel for the same thing! needless to say, my brother is a bit paranoid now!

MiniMurray:

YEEEEEEOUCH! Sounds painful! Hope you feel better soon...your mom too. Maybe you should get your brother his very own big black smelly velcro boot for Xmas, just in case. ;) Great show in Tacoma nevertheless!

LG

Hey ladies!
Cool! The Maidens played Be Quick or Be Dead!! :tickled: Can't wait to hear it at a San Diego show! Don't forget me!! Stay fierce!!!!!!!!!

Much metal and magic!
:headbang:

I LOVE YOU LADIES!! LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING YOU ALL AND BANGING MYSELF INTO A DIFFERENT REALM!! STAY FIERCE!! MAIDEN-S RULE!!!!!!! :worship:

MUCH METAL AND MAGIC! :headbang: :headbang:

MiniMurray said:
hey lw - i snapped my achilles playing soccer and had surgery to repair the tendon about 3 months ago. i was kicking ass in rehab and stopped wearing my big black smelly velcro boot, but 8 shows in 11 dayz made it swell again so i've been icing it ever since and the boot is back on. my dad had the same injury running track back in high school twice and this weekend my mom is flying in to see our show in sac with a cast on her wheel for the same thing! needless to say, my brother is a bit paranoid now!

Whoa. That sounds absolutely brutal :cry: I hope it hears up fast for ya. You're such a "Trooper" (ha ha) for tough through your lastest gigs with the injury.

I was playing goal keep for a co-ed indoor soccer team. A lady blasted a point blank shot right through my hands into my face. Next thing I remember, I woke up looking straight up at my teammates. I wonder if she was one of the Maidens? hmmm.

Anyway, soccer is a tough sport and not as whimpy as people make it to be.

Take care, keep a rockin'

LW

A March 16th show in Seattle was in the latest E-mail. No venue listed though. Stay tuned......

Jim