Tacoma WA - Shoboat 12/14/2002

LowGuitar253

Basshole
Dec 6, 2002
Tacoma, WA
Visit site
Caught the show last night at the Shoboat in Tacoma. The Maidens were excellent, althought there were several equipment problems that detracted from the show a bit...but these things happen. Seems like one of the problems was with the power. We also couldn't hear MiniMurray's guitar most of the time. :(

The same thing happened with Hell's Belles - we couldn't hear the rhythm guitar player - the one on the same side as Sara.

Still, everyone enjoyed the show. Kind of cool little bar that I have never been to before. I though Chickinson was going to poke a hole in the ceiling with Old Glory during The Trooper! :headbang:

Hell's Belles also put on a great show! I thought I heard a few months ago that they had put the band to rest permanently, but it's good to see they have started up again.

Well, hopefully the Maidens will be back in the Northwest sooner than later - my friends and I will be there for sure! We also travel to So Cal once or twice a year - it would great to catch a show there too!

I was hoping to win that bass, though...hopefully it raised a lot of money for the cause.

Thanks to the ladies for a rockin' good time!

LowGuitar253
msj1129@hotmail.com

Originally posted by LowGuitar253

Still, everyone enjoyed the show. Kind of cool little bar that I have never been to before. I though Chickinson was going to poke a hole in the ceiling with Old Glory during The Trooper! :headbang:

LowGuitar253
msj1129@hotmail.com

Here in Spokane on the second night Jen was waving that flag with such decisive authority it roared over the sound system for anyone close to the stage. I got a great picture of it, the pole is bending under the stress!

Up the Underwires!
Alan

Well, hopefully the Maidens will be back in the Northwest sooner than later - my friends and I will be there for sure! We also travel to So Cal once or twice a year - it would great to catch a show there too!

I can guarantee that we will invite the Maidens back SOON! Not only are they awesome performers but they have become our dear friends. Everyone up here in the Northwest loved them! Eagle Rock Productions will invite them back up hopefully in February or March.

Hey girls (and Mark) Thanks for the rockin shows! :headbang: Wish I could have been there at the ShoBoat and to say my laters (neva goodbye). Hugsssssssss to you all!!

Kelli

P.S. Woulda just cried when ya left anyway.... :cry: Will miss ya! Hopefully we can hook up in Vegas in January! Would love to see you again!

We'll get you ladies back over to Spokane too! WOOHOO! BTW Linda, I just got an e-mail from a friend of mine, Alessandro who is a drummer in an Italian metal band called ICYCORE, who saw the pictures of you I posted. He likes you ;)

Oh, the Zoo that I'm on the board of directors here is Cat Tales if you wanna check it out.

Originally posted by ilkatu
I can guarantee that we will invite the Maidens back SOON! Not only are they awesome performers but they have become our dear friends. Everyone up here in the Northwest loved them! Eagle Rock Productions will invite them back up hopefully in February or March.

Eagle Rock rules!! You guys are the sweetest! I can't wait to go back up there and see ya again!

Yeah, The Shoboat gig was a great ending to an awesome two weeks. All the people I met were SOOO cool and SOOO supportive of what we're doing. CHEERS and UP THE UNDERWIRES! heehee, that's funny alan :headbang:

Originally posted by alanbirdsell
Good reason to come back, eh? :D

In my book, YES! Hopefully next time we can manage a day off or just get our arses outta bed before closing time and check out the big cats before sound check! My kitty is swiping at the keyboard as I type this.....guess I better go feed em.....to the dogs! (Just kidding!)

Seems like one of the problems was with the power. We also couldn't hear MiniMurray's guitar most of the time. :(

The same thing happened with Hell's Belles - we couldn't hear the rhythm guitar player - the one on the same side as Sara.

The damn cab mike kept tipping over! I said F the sound man and turned up my stage volume, so he probably said F the yellow guitar and turned me way down in the mains (like they were working anywayz) then never fixed it for the Hell's Belles set.

Hell's Belles also put on a great show! I thought I heard a few months ago that they had put the band to rest permanently, but it's good to see they have started up again.

I Agree! I'm stoked I got to play with them and kick it backstage too. Class Act!

Hi all:

I could not resist an opportunity to see live Iron Maiden music so I visited your shows at the Bulls-eye and Shoboat in December. You gals rock and nailed each song perfectly. It felt like I was back in the late 70's and early 80's :)

Thanks for swinging by our little corner of the country a providing us a some great shows. I'll have to check out Maiden Seattle and I hope you all come back soon!

Thanks again and keep rockin'
LW

PS Do you ever played stuff off Brave New World (like Wicker Man or Blood Brothers)? I know most people want to hear the classics!:)

Originally posted by Losfer Words
Hi all:

Thanks for swinging by our little corner of the country a providing us a some great shows. I'll have to check out Maiden Seattle and I hope you all come back soon!

The pleasure was all ours! We shall be back soon!

I'm still kicking myself in the ass for missing this band when they were in Spokane. I hope they come back. I downloaded the vid for NOB quite a while back and it kicks ass! What a great tribute to the greatest of all bands. :headbang:

Originally posted by possessed
I'm still kicking myself in the ass for missing this band when they were in Spokane. I hope they come back. I downloaded the vid for NOB quite a while back and it kicks ass! What a great tribute to the greatest of all bands. :headbang:

Yup, you missed a couple of great shows! :hotjump: