Van Halen back with Sammy!!!!

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
??????????????????????????
VAN HALEN: Ready To 'Jump' Again? - Nov. 19, 2003
Veteran artist manager Irving Azoff (EAGLES, CHRISTINA AGUILERA, SEAL, JEWEL, JOURNEY, et al) has signed VAN HALEN for management, according to Hits Daily Double, the companion web site of music industry tip sheet HITS. Azoff's longtime representation of Sammy Hagar leads to instant speculation about a possible reunion tour and Warner Bros. greatest-hits album. Is an album of new material also possible? Given that the Van Halens are still free agents for recording, might they opt for a self-release à la PEARL JAM?

Before this turns into a Roth versus Hagar debate, consider this: They wouldn't have ever lost Hagar if they hadn't have tried to get together with Roth, and that didn't turn out. ROth is like an Ace Frehley type figure: he is done creatively, physically, and mentally, and still thinks he is a star. With Hagar, they can pick right up where they left off (Balance was killer) and they can perform all of the hits from all eras (as well as some of Hagars solo stuff) Basically what I am saying is that Van Hagar should have never split in the first damned place.

I think people will be surprised how many people will care when this reunion takes place. A real "rock" band has been missing on the arena scene. Their will be people clamoring for DLR, but man, that really wouldn't work. I predict this album comes out of the box double platinum.

while i appreciate what eddie van halen has done for guitar i have never really cared much for them,i like a few of the dlr tunes,i cant stand sammy hagar

TD said:
I think people will be surprised how many people will care when this reunion takes place. A real "rock" band has been missing on the arena scene. Their will be people clamoring for DLR, but man, that really wouldn't work. I predict this album comes out of the box double platinum.
I'm a DLR fan. I don't think that's a secret. But you're right, with either of those two singers, they will debut at #1 and sell tons. All the Van Hagar studio albums hit #1. But are Eddie and Alex even in communication with Michael now? (let alone Sammy)

jdelpi said:
I'm a DLR fan. I don't think that's a secret. But you're right, with either of those two singers, they will debut at #1 and sell tons. All the Van Hagar studio albums hit #1. But are Eddie and Alex even in communication with Michael now? (let alone Sammy)

*EVH and AVH keep in contact with Mikey, Mikey is still in VH, and he had their blessing to tour with Sammy the last two summers.

*EVH & AVH can't stand DLR.

*Take away the Sam and Dave tour, and Dave has been a club act for years now. He would bring nostalgia to a one off tour.

*Sammy and EVH were best friends and neighbors, until the failed DLR reunion. It is just a matter of time before they make up.

When I go to Cabo San Lucas this winter, I will ask my man Sammy to take Anthrax out on what is sure to be the biggest tour of the year. I'm sure after enough Cabo Wabo we can reach an agreement, he did jump on stage with Metallica a couple of years ago. Sure Metallica aren't what they used to be, but how many other 60 year olds hang with Metallica??

I'm a big VH fan. I started listening to them since Diver Down. VH was the band that got me into rock. If I wouldn't had been a big VH fan, maybe I wouldn't have even gotten into metal. If they do get back together, I hope it's with Sammy. They are a more stable band with Sammy than with DLR. Also, I like Sammy;s solo stuff a lot more than DLR's.

lupe_m said:
I'm a big VH fan. I started listening to them since Diver Down. VH was the band that got me into rock. If I wouldn't had been a big VH fan, maybe I wouldn't have even gotten into metal. If they do get back together, I hope it's with Sammy. They are a more stable band with Sammy than with DLR. Also, I like Sammy;s solo stuff a lot more than DLR's.

That is pretty much what any reasonable rock fan is gonna say. That is why it will work. A reunion with DLR aint happenin.

From Melodic Rock dot com:
t's Official: VAN HALEN WILL RETURN IN 2004 - AT LONG LAST!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
VAN HALEN WILL RETURN IN 2004 - AT LONG LAST!:
Van Halen is on the verge of a long awaited comeback. Long tortured fans are about to be put out of their misery, as the band looks ready to fire in 2004.
Details are still sketchy as plans are still in the very early stages of development and are therefore continuing to change as issues are sorted through.

Sammy Hagar is set to return to his role as Van Halen's lead vocalist. Original frontman David Lee Roth is not associated with this re-union.

Here's what's been happening, pieced together from a couple of my well known and reliable sources.

It's not clear who initiated first contact. I was told that Eddie & Alex Van Halen called Sammy Hagar, while it was also suggested to me that it was Sammy that called the brothers out of the blue.
Either way, contact was established and an attempt to bury the hatchet was made.
Sammy Hagar then made a trip to Eddie's house and the 5150 studio. The idea was to see if Sammy, Ed and Alex could in fact put the events of the last 7 years behind them and work together again.
It was also a chance for Sammy to hear the material that has so far been written and recorded by Eddie and Alex. I'm told there have since been a few more meetings – which were apparently both good and bad, but issues are being dealt with and a future discussed.
Hagar has apparently already told members of his solo band of his plans to re-join Van Halen.
Hagar's legal team is already in discussion with Van Halen's legal team.

I was told that bass player Michael Anthony was not present at the first meeting and I am not yet aware of him meeting again with Ed and Alex, who he hasn't talked to for a couple of years now. But I was told that Sammy has insisted that Michael is part of the re-union line-up.

There is no timetable in place as yet for this re-union. As I said, this is still in the very early stages of being developed. A few ideas are still being considered – such as playing a few shows to get things started before recording/finishing a brand new studio album.
What is almost definite though are plans for a new studio album – hoped to be ready for mid-2004, but possibly not until late 2004 - followed by a tour.

News leaked overnight of the band's intention to sign a new management deal with Irving Azoff Management. Azoff's office has made the official "no comment" on the matter, but expect this high profile management company to confirm their equally high profile signing soon.
Irving Azoff is a well known and powerful manager, who currently has The Eagles, Christina Aguilera, Seal, Jewel and of course Journey on his roster.
Azoff has also been Sammy Hagar's solo manager for the last couple of years.

As far as record labels go, Warner Brothers still has a relationship with the band, given that every album they have released has been with the label. I'm told that they will certainly be the first in line to sign the band should everything work out as planned.
Irving Azoff also has a strong relationship with the label.
Sanctuary Records is being talked about as a possible home for the band, but don't expect that to happen. Hagar had a solo deal with that label, but only for the Greatest Hits Live release and a yet to eventuate re-issue of his solo albums Ten 13 and Not For Sale, which should still happen when the current deal with the two issuing labels for those albums finish.

Not so good news for fans of the Diamond one. David Lee Roth is apparently out of the picture. It seems another attempt to work with him was made after the denied at the time get together in 2000. Once again it didn't work out and the Van Halen brothers have seemingly ruled out any future attempt to work with him.
This is the first contact the brothers have had with Hagar since he departed the band in a storm of ill-feeling in 1996.

Planet Us, the all-star project featuring Sammy Hagar, Michael Anthony, Neal Schon, Deen Castronovo and Joe Satriani is all but over – and has been for some time. The project has been left in the hands of guitarist Schon and drummer Castronovo. One rumor is that Neal Schon is still interested in such an album and has another singer in mind.
The guys only recorded two tracks together – Vertigo and Peeping Through A Hole – neither of which has been released officially.

There is still more to come.
I had planned to gather more information over the course of this week and the weekend, but the leaked news of the Azoff management deal by the music industry website Hits Daily Double has moved the timetable forward. A new Greatest Hits album was one of the rumors leaked in association with the management news. But, to date I have heard no mention of such a plan, unless the band wants to get something into the public's hands while they work on a new studio record. I personally do not see such a thing happening. Could it be time for the Van Hagar CD re-masters to be re-issued?

This is a slowly developing situation and of course, nothing has been announced officially. When this will happen is another major question.
The answer is one I hope to bring to you in due course, along with further developments and details of any firm plans that have been put in place.
It's nice to be able to bring such positive news to long suffering Van Halen fans. It's news I have the utmost confidence

I've never seen Van Halen and I had a chance to when they had Cherone but I didn't like that line up. Extreme sucked. They had a couple of good songs but in the end they were just gay. Pun intended.

DarbysDad said:
Wouldn't that be Van Haggar. Good band but not Van Halen.
I'm not even gonna go there. All of the people who want Dave back will just have to stay home when the tour comes to town. I wish Dave wasn't so fucked up that he could tour with them, but the reality is that he is too far gone. With Sammy, it's gonna be a party.

I Say Who Gives This Big A Fuck? I'm A Sucker In A Three Peice Like The Rest Of Y'all, I'll Buy The Album - But I'm Tired Of Being Dicked Around By The Brothers Van Halen. Put Out 1 More And Quit. Really Actually Quit. Same As Tallica - 1 More Great One Then Get The Fuck Out Before You Hop Back On The Train Of Embarassment. Like It, Hate It - You Know I'm Right.

And Yes, I Knew My Caps Were On But I'm Too Fucking Lazy To Tun 'em Off And Retype. Lol

I got to see VH on the 1984 tour then again on the 5150 tour. Then the best concert experience of my life was Monsters of Rock at the Orange Bowl in Miami. Van Halen, Metallica, Scorps, Dokken and Kingdom Come. Van Halen was bigger than life at the end of that great show with fireworks and a HUGE stage. Listening to Eddie's solo after 12 straight hours of drinking beer and frying in the sun was a life experience I won't ever forget.

HOWEVER, Van Halen with David Lee Roth DEFINED modern day rock 'n roll. That cannot be denied.

Armored Thrax said:
I got to see VH on the 1984 tour then again on the 5150 tour. Then the best concert experience of my life was Monsters of Rock at the Orange Bowl in Miami. Van Halen, Metallica, Scorps, Dokken and Kingdom Come. Van Halen was bigger than life at the end of that great show with fireworks and a HUGE stage. Listening to Eddie's solo after 12 straight hours of drinking beer and frying in the sun was a life experience I won't ever forget.

HOWEVER, Van Halen with David Lee Roth DEFINED modern day rock 'n roll. That cannot be denied.

Yes true. But read my posts in the "recent setlist" thread. Sammy fronted Van Halen from the time I was in 4th grade up through college. And they were practically the biggest rock band on the planet. If I knew that Edward was gonna ruin it in 1996, I would have made sure to have seen them on the "Balance" tour. It's kinda like one of those things I took for granted, and now I have a chance to revisit it. The one thing that I'm concerned about is how big this is gonna be. The musically climate has changed so much. I hope Warner Bro's and MTV hype this up the way the KISS reunion was hyped up, because i want it to feel "larger than life." We'll see.

TD said:
I'm not even gonna go there. All of the people who want Dave back will just have to stay home when the tour comes to town. I wish Dave wasn't so fucked up that he could tour with them, but the reality is that he is too far gone. With Sammy, it's gonna be a party.
You don't have to go there. The raw kick ass stuff with Dave is the best Halen to me. With Haggar I think they had more directions to go because Sammy can play guitar too.

Monster of Rock tour :lol: I hate stadium shows, Kindom Come they blew and Dokken sucked from 1985 on, Scorps were in decline by then. Can't go wrong with Eddie Van Halen and oh Mettalica used to be a pretty good rock band.