Van Halen live album?

SavaRon

Sep 21, 2004
Florida
I was just listening to some Van Halen when I realized they don't have a live album with David Lee Roth on it. I'm not even a big live album fan, but this seems very odd to me. How could one of the biggest rock bands not have a live album with the classic line-up? Anybody have any insight to this?

There were plans to release a "live" DLR era record, when they were on the verge of the second attempt at a reunion with Roth. Warner balked when it didn't happen. There's one in the can, but will it ever be released? Who knows? Maybe when they make it to the hall of fame...

Having seen the original line up of Van Halen several times, I'm glad no LIVE album was ever released. DLR and the boys were completely and utterly wasted every damn when I saw them and the talent wasn't shining on those nights...sloppy guitar works and solos, way to much talking, slurring and bullshit from DLR. Granted if they were sober, a live VH Halen album would be amazing!:headbang:

I'd still love to see a live one from the early era officially released.Iv'e seen some bootlegs available but havn't heard em.

kittybeast said:
Having seen the original line up of Van Halen several times, I'm glad no LIVE album was ever released. DLR and the boys were completely and utterly wasted every damn when I saw them and the talent wasn't shining on those nights...sloppy guitar works and solos, way to much talking, slurring and bullshit from DLR. Granted if they were sober, a live VH Halen album would be amazing!:headbang:

I actually had a pretty good LP bootleg of Van Halen with DLR (back when I liked them). It was from the Fair Warning era. It was surprisingly good, but DLR did way too much of his hoots and hollers, sometimes replacing large sections of lyrics with nothing but shouts.

These guys really need to kiss and make up. If anything.....
DO IT FOR THE MONEY!

van_halen_2.jpg