Vanden Plas - New Album sound samples...

Hi,

I've just listened to the samples and I am less than thrilled about them. They sound pretty much like the songs on beyond daylight. I'm not so much of a theoretist in music and the samples are short but I don't hear any new things that haven't already been on the bd-album (except the lyrics ;) ). so there's no musiocal development for me and for I've already three albums there's no reason for me to buy another one that sounds too similar to the previous one.

It seems that VP suffer from what I call the Inside-Out-desease. For to me the bands and outputs that come from this label gradually sound very very similar, no matter if they are metal or prog.

But perhaps it's also because I have to many cd's from IO.

Nevertheless, this time I'm out...

My my isn't that a pretty hefty judgement after a few short sound clips.

Tell me, what exactly were you expecting to hear when you opened the VANDEN PLAS link within the confines of a 20 second sound file?

It's sounds like Vanden Plas does it? Yeah no shit sherlock.

Perhaps Barry White (desceased) on vocals would have been a a nice change for you, how bout a nice medievil hurdy-gurdy solo in 3/4, yeah now your talkin, or a nice Caribbean steel drum ensemble for some of dat cooool sweet honey, Yeah man, I loves me da rasta!!

"Hi Stephan, looks like we bombed this year, yeah you guessed it, it just sounds too much like you", (German accent) "christ-O-mighty I knew it all along, call fucking wall street and tell um it's off"

Well, yeah, i indeed expected a slight change. Like with SymX. Each Album sounds different but it's still SymX and I also expect something different for the upcoming album.

And the clips are 1 min long ;).

I didn't say that I don't like it, but I already have enough VP-cds and judging by the clips I really don't need another one... . This doesn't exclude that I won't try out the one after "Christ.0"...

But everybody can decide for him/herself....

...not if you had 100s sounding like it ;). It would get boring...

Variety is the keyword an that's about to get lost no matter what kind of musical direction you're looking at....

Well, I got an email from Stephan Lill today. He says:

"we just have three more rehearsals, than Abydos will be played the first official on stage at the theatre here in Kaiserslautern. it's a lot of work, but i think it will be a good musical. let's hope the people will like it too."

So, I take it the album is completed, and those of you fans in Germany may want to check out this show.

Let's see.... Rage's new album, all of Kamelot's entire discography which I don't already own, many many more, and now this. Let's see. I have like a hundred albums still yet to order, but I'll move this near the top, since I've been meaning to pick up some Vanden Plas for a long time.