VANITY

renejanssen

Apr 19, 2005
Baarlo, The Netherlands
www.progpower.eu
Well, a band that we have discovered ourselves through myspace, VANITY from Poland. Their songs are very impressive and if you like the more experimental part of the prog scene and you like some heavy stuff, VANITY is the band you are looking for. Just check them out on myspace and listen for example to a song like Caterine, what a masterpiece that is! We hope you like this band.

Haha, I bow down to this band's greatness! Caterine is like a prog-opera-death-elevator music masterpiece! (Schizophrenic metal? Naw... death elevator music will be my new term for this mixing of styles ;) )

Edit: They're not signed, but do they have an album for sale or songs for sale via a web store anyplace? I'd like to support them now, if possible :)

I am very, very proud to see that Polish music scene is getting more and more recognition on PPF! It's great that you decided to give Vanity a chance. Myspace can be useful after all :) It will be a great opportunity for them and a milestone in their career, I'm sure :) I've never seen them live myself but I've heard very positive comments about their live performances.

A pleasant surprise indeed :)

And I strongly disagree about that 'elevator music' bit... Elevator music is usually something soft and boring as hell, no? How does Vanity come close to either soft or boring (the latter one being a matter of taste of course, but still, it's hardly a compliment to the band)?