Perkele

Myself
Aug 27, 2002
In Hell
Various Artists – 10th Year Of Obscene Existence
2005, Obscene Productions
By Katalin Sipos

3458_1.jpg

Compilation albums are mostly released in order to celebrate something; a nice carreer or an anniversary or… there are countless reason to celebrate, it is always just about how we feel. Though in the past few years so many compilation and ’best of ’ albums have been released, such CDs have lost their real meaning.

The subject of this review is an album that showcases a record label whose people are die-hard supporters of death metal and grindcore. And they really deserve the recognition. Obscene Productions have been dedicated to the extreme side of metal for a decade now, releasing albums that satisfy extreme tastes for people all over the world. Based in the Czech Republic, and having a world wide reputation, the label must ring a bell to anyone who (truly) likes death metal or grindcore. And last but not least we should not forget about how much they did for the Czech scene as well. I wish every country had a lable like Obscene, for the good of their bands.

These 42 songs have been put together for us, to gain a profound overview on the label’s roster. Previously unrealesed songs, material from sold-out CDs, and lots of regular album tracks have been gathered here, from well known acts to bands who are known among only dedicated fans of these genres. Of course not all of the groups appeal to my taste either, and apprx. 70% of the bands prestented here I am already familiar with, but even for me (who has written hundreds of reviews over the years), this compilation cd holds surprises. And it never gets boring…

Theis compilation starts with an unreleased songs’ section - definitely a good idea, just like the short label story (15 sentences) in the booklet:

Squash bowels - 'Dead filed'
Ingrowing - 'Blind light'
Extreme Noise Terror - 'Short fuse'
Abortion - 'Weapons for all'
Abortion - 'American dream'
NCC – 'Neurotransmitter'

Then come the regular tracks:

Phobia - 'Extremity of the will'
Phobia - 'Exterminate To Emancipate'
Abortion - 'The end is near'
Squash Bowels - 'Vulture ritual'
Fleshless - 'Screams of decapitated'
NCC - 'Technology spells doom popular'
Isacaarum - 'Rhytmic balls'
Dead Infecation – 'Raping the earth'
Ingrowing - 'The darkness inverted'
Squash Bowels - 'Flesh grinder'
Garbage Disposal - 'Mind-grind machine'
Abortion - 'God loves ignorant'
Kaviar Kavalier - 'Exzess in san salvador'
NCC - 'One thing is gore'
Squash Bowels - 'Breaking those who suspended to talk'
Fleshless - 'Red stars hypocrisy'
Isacaarum - 'Teenage cunt powerplay'
Ingrowing - 'Dreams torn asunder'
Cripple Bastards - 'Cleaning my ass with zips & chains'
Lykathea Aflame - 'Land where sympathy is air'
Fleshless - 'A dank smell of rotting ovulation'
Impetigo - 'Dear uncle creepy'
Isacaarum - 'Arts of farts'
Gride - 'I hate her'
Squash Bowels - 'Stranger mind: possessed-armsend-passage'
Fleshless - 'Evil odium'
Agathocles - 'Hunt foxhunters'
Malignant Tumour - 'Low life'

And finally, the tracks from the sold out releases:

Decomposed - 'Sadists'
Psychopathia - 'Extreme emotions'
Malignant tumour - 'Situs viscerum inversus totalis'
Malignant tumour - 'Chemical and bacterial analysis'
Hermaphrodit - 'Urogential sauce with beef genital'
Hermaphrodit - 'Consumption of milk, eggs, fat and meat increased 15%'

So, put on this album becuase it is time to celebrate; with the people behind Obscene, and with everbody else who likes to keep their musical taste heavy and extreme. See you in 10 years time again! Cheers!

10/10

Official Oscene Productions website