Vauxdvihl

optionthree

Better than the first two
Dec 23, 2008
Calgary, AB
Truly one of the great unknown prog/metal bands. I've had To Dimension Logic for about a year and have been trying to compile any sort of information on these guys since then. About two months ago I tracked down a copy of the Japanese jewel case version of TDL, and just recently I managed to acquire copies of Vog and Siberian Church Recordings (still coming in the mail). Does anyone have ANY info on these guys? Current status, projects, what the current or former members are up to, any info is good info. I read that they released another demo in 2007, but no solid information of that, so confirmation one way or another would be nice. I did discover the bassist's (Eddie Katz) post-Vauxdvihl project, Where Echoes End, and I'm in the process of acquiring their first album By the Pricking of My Thumb. We'll see how the continuing search goes.

So, VAUXDVIHL fans, help me out! I know there are at least a few other fans of this fabulous band out there.

I'd say so. If you listen to them without the expectation that they are going to be continuations of the TDL sound, then you'll probably enjoy them. Vog is a lot more electronic-influenced, while Siberian Church Recordings has industrial undertones present throughout. You can hear a song from SCR here.

Hi OptionThree,

I was just having a look to see what Eddie was up to these days when I saw your post. Havent spoken to him in awhile. With the bush fires close to his home it jogged my memory, that I should give him a call and see how things were. I was good friends with him during those times(VAUXDVIHL and Where echoes end) and helped him out with a few things like the text on the album cover of "By the Pricking of my Thumb" if you look over the cover you may see my name on there somewhere in the credits.

When I speak to him I can give you an update

cheers,

mike

Hey Mike, thanks for the reply. I actually stumbled upon the website for Eddie's latest project (Mechanical Organic), and have been in touch with him. Last I heard he was working on the third Mech Org album. I eventually tracked down contact info for Fab Gallen and Chris Delov too, but I've yet to hear back from Fab and haven't emailed Chris yet. I was flipping through the BTPOMT liner notes and I did notice your name, which is pretty cool. Thanks again.

@opinionthree. I realize this thread is long dead and some members might become annoyed by about its reserection. Also that you may not be active anymore. Either way music first. I am and have been interested in Vauxdvihl for years. The good news is theres been a resergence of interest. Last year or so century media faithfully compiled their remastered eps and debut onto a 2cd available on itunes even. The debut is something special i agree. The muscianship and vocals were top notch. The style, progressive yet a one off of technicality and accessible spacey atmospheres. From what i understand is that the guys were young and ambitious, but they had money problems and internal problems. The singer (very talented) was hired but was not commited to the band which caused more issues. Heres some links covering my recap. With what they acomlished considering, its such a shame we got only one album but im gratefulbfor it.

http://members.tripod.com/zeitgeist_scot/bitter/echo.htm

http://www.last.fm/music/Vauxdvihl/+shoutbox
"See metallicafan32 comments for updates"

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/soundoff.php?albumid=123801