Vehemence GO FOR IT...

The8thPlague

Halfman,Halfbeast:DEMIGOD
VOIVOD will NOT be touring North America during January/February as part of a five-band package also featuring NILE, NAPALM DEATH, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD and THE BERZERKER. Instead, the quartet are planning on embarking on a headlining tour of the U.S. and Europe shortly following the release of the group's next studio album, The Multiverse, tentatively due in early March through Chophouse Records. The Montreal-based band's non-participation in the NILE tour "was confirmed yesterday," a Chophouse spokesperson told BLABBERMOUTH.NET on Thursday. "They will not be doing the tour. They want to focus on the record. 100% official word."

Now that Voivod wont be on it maybe y'all can get another chance to be on this tour, since The Berzerker snagged it from ya the 1st time.
???

you are insannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne for not digging voivod. Have you ever seen them with snake as singer. They smoke most of these modern bands. Heck, half the bands out there have admitted to being highly influenced by the mighty voivod!!!!

As much as I like Nile and the great Napalm death, this show becomes an iffy for me now although seeing gene hoglan drum is always great. It will be cooler though seeing him in the also great dark angel again.

I just discovered Coroner from 1989, the Metal Vortex album, their music is part of the most sickest original Death Metal bands that started it all. There are tours being negotiated right now for us to go out in DEC, JAN, FEB. We will release that info when it is absolutley confirmed-no false alarms with us. BTW the website design is comming along, I have cataogrized the pictures page now. 800X600 is still being caught up to match the 1024 X version-Bare with me!!!! Welcome new members to the UM board-it is costing us 5$ a month, $60 a year, small price to pay for such a kick ass growing Message Board, get as many people on this Board-its a fun friendly metal enviorment.

...Bjorn said they should talk to Metalblade to see what's up then later he posted: "Nevermind D.T. got on it", so Im just figuring that Metalblade were the ones that told him that.
[That's official enough for me.]

& Yeah yeah Voivod influenced sooo many people but if I dont like the music I dont care who they influenced. :D
(but i know you're down w/ the old school thrash).

& if ya wanna see Dark Angel w/ Gene gene the Drum Machine go to the Jar on Dec.1st or 2nd(correct date is still getting figured out) & You can See:
DARK ANGEL,
Dreams of Damnation(feat. Dark Angel guitarist),
Parasite(Tuscon),
When Heaven Bleeds, &
Crimson Feast.

Later, yo.

dark angel is nice but I would love to see my fantasy dream tour of testament,exodus,vio-lence and dark angel.

This is all fine and dandy about voivod as they "should" be touring with either Opeth,porcupine tree, or king crimson.

J, voivod didn't just "influence" bands and they weren't just simply "old school thrash." that is too simple of a term. they were like thrash mixed with pink floyd that just can't be taken in with just a few listens.
Oh well, a hard head is a hard head :):)

Not official yet...
Hi,

well, we're certainly hoping for it to happen, since it's a very good tour, but it's _not_ 100% decided yet.

Sites like Blabbermouth are often quick to announce that something is "official" or "confirmed" when in reality it's still in the negotiation stages. The Arch enemy tour was never confirmed on our part either, contrary to what people were led to believe.

Blabbermouth is a great resource for getting the latest news and gossip, but one has to take their information with a grain of salt at times. As soon as something really is confirmed, we'll let you know via the website.

Also, bear in mind that many promotors are keen on advertising shows as quickly as possible, even before the details are agreed on, in order to boost the pre-sales, so having a venue website advertising a certain band as part of a tour doesn't necessarily mean that they've agreed to play.

/niklas

a comment on your signature, sean...

93.3 kdkb and 100.7 kslx are good stations if you like hard rock. they play aerosmith, acdc, led zepplin, zz top, van halen, metallica (but usually only enter sandman), and stuff like that...