Vehemence In Dallas 9/29

Starless Dragon

Beneath The Starless Sky
Aug 12, 2004
Asscrappy Texas
www.livejournal.com
Just got back from the concert a little while ago. I'm not coherent enough to post a real review right now, but I can say this. They were amazing, as always! I'll see if I can remember the set list, though the order will probably be off.

We Are All Dying
Kill For God
By Your Bedside
You Don't Have To Be Afraid Anymore
Fantasy From Pain
Spirit Of The Soldier
Whore Cunt Die
Christ I Fucking Hate You

They were definitely in top form! But then again that was the third time I've seen them and they always are in top form. It was great to get to chat with Nathan and John again too. And they both remembered myself and my girlfriend from last time which was pretty awesome. We were standing around out front of the club, and Nathan Gearhart walks up to us and is like "Hey, what's up guys? Great to see you again, glad you made it!" So we sat that and and talked with him for a while, he told us about this craving for Gravy he was having lol. Apparently there's a cafe or something near the club that makes the best gravy and bisquits in the world, and shrimp too. Gonna have to try it! Then later we said hi to John, and he remembered us too! Awesome! My gf was able to get her shirt signed this time, she got it signed by everyone in the band, even the illusive Andy! Lol. Got to talk to him and Mark and Bjorn a little too, though I personally only get to compliment Bjorn on the great show as we were walking out, didn't get to chat with him or anything, but it was cool. As everyone here knows, all the guys in Vehemence are just cool people, really down to earth nice guys, so don't be afraid to walk up and say hi, and tell them how awesome their band is. Lol. Nathan was more thrilled to talk to fans like us after the show then we were to him I think. He came up to me and was like "You were badass out there man, thanks a lot!" Ummm...shouldn't I be saying that to you?? And we made it clear we were very appreciative of them coming back to Dallas. They actually had a good crowd tonight too, about time. So did Akercocke, really responsive. Akercocke was badass as well, definitely check them out, they rule. ALso really nice guys as well.

Great show guys, as always! Can't wait to see you again soon!

Better review when I'm more coherent.

this show totally kicked ass. im glad my band had the opportunity to play it as well. the vehemence guys are fuckin great on and off the stage. nathan had me laughing the whole time and john was super cool along with the others. and andy is definetly badass in my book. the whole night ruled and i cant wait till they come back. :)