Vehemence style, in words, from a likely soon to be fan

SculptedCold

-scented manbeef-
May 9, 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
hey peeps....ok ok ok , i haven't heard any vehemence yet but i'm utterly psyched. i've read nothing but glowing reviews and many say that you guys are pretty 'original' in that you mix the heaviness of brutal death but you also have awesome melody, but not in an in-your-face way a la gothenburg melodeath.

I find these descriptions very interesting. While I will check you guys out very soon, I was actually going to throw a couple other bandnames your way who, by what I've read of vehemence, may be stylistically similar with the mix of brutal death and melody.

One....Amon Amarth. Ok ok ok, i know they're a lot more melodic than they are brutal, but you can see why i'd mention them right? Their melodies are awesome but are more buried within the music, making the whole song melodic and not just leading riffs....and they don't seem to sacrifice heaviness for all that.

and.....AVULSED! what more can i say? whenever I read a review of Vehemence's album (especially the one at metaljudgement ;o) I think to myself that's exactly how I would have described Avulsed's last two albums.

What do you guys and fans think of Vehemence in comparison to Amon Amarth and/or Avulsed? (especially Avulsed; they're my favourite dm band atm)

I've never heard Avulsed before, and I think Amon Amath is really awesome, but Vehemence is 10000 times better in my opinion. When you listen to them, you will feel it in your stomach. It will hit you in the groin, also.

Well man, you really have to hear all their material before you make a statement like "I am not very impressed". That is quite a judgment, and being a reviewer myself for a prominent webzine, I at least listen to the whole album before formulating my own opinions on the band. But hey, that is just me...Do get your hands on material Post-God Was Created, this stuff is a lot more melodic and emotionally heavy than GWC. As for them being compared to Amon Amarth and Avulsed...nahhh.

The statement was restricted to the song, not the band. I can tell from the song that Vehemence are very competent and talented at what they do, and quite likely have other material that will interest me more.

She Never Noticed Me was the first Vehemence song I ever heard, and it turns out I like the whole God Was Created CD a lot. I wouldn't say that Vehemence sounds like Avulsed - Vehemence are more melodic, more doomy, and less brutal. Both bands kick ass IMO.

She Never Noticed Me...is a fucking bad ass song name for a death metal band! And I'm not joking about it cause I really like the name.

Hahaha...tr0e dat (correct spelling?)...that IS a catchy name. Though my favorite band name for a DM band is Oni, it's a br0tal Aussie band that mostly sings about Japanese mythology/history/war so I guess that's what the name is too.

Patric said:
Hahaha...tr0e dat (correct spelling?)...that IS a catchy name. Though my favorite band name for a DM band is Oni, it's a br0tal Aussie band that mostly sings about Japanese mythology/history/war so I guess that's what the name is too.

Yessir, Oni rock. I seen them liveeee :D

*struts*