Vendors?

As far as I've heard there will be no vendors this year due to space restrictions but the bands will have merch available. Can anyone verify this?

As far as I've heard there will be no vendors this year due to space restrictions but the bands will have merch available. Can anyone verify this?

The Q is correct,
The Q is correct,
The Q is correct.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :loco: :p

Basically, it's a space issue...but we also felt that it's more fair if the bands performing don't have to compete with vendors to sell merch.

Plus, this fest has always been more about the bands than shopping from a bin anyway...otherwise we wouldn't have invited any unknown bands to help give them some exposure. :p

Speaking of merch, Rob, do you guys physically have your stock of Threshold of Revelation to sell?

The reason I ask is because I was in a local metal store here in Cleveland, and the guy says he has it on order but it hasn't come in yet. I was hoping to have it for the drive on Thursday. :p

booB said:
Speaking of merch, Rob, do you guys physically have your stock of Threshold of Revelation to sell?

The reason I ask is because I was in a local metal store here in Cleveland, and the guy says he has it on order but it hasn't come in yet. I was hoping to have it for the drive on Thursday. :p

I just wanted to point out that I already have my copy. I've listened to it several times, in fact. Not to rub it in or anything. Did I mention I've listened to it a lot? Ha. :kickass:

Ken

As a side note, Impulse Music and Metal Haven are
considered our "remote vendors" as we're lucky enough
to have a couple of great metal shops in town that
are quite supportive of Powerfest. So, take a trip
to gather some goods up there and buy plenty of swag
from the bands at the fest too!

Chris Lotesto said:

We made a pilgrimage to Metal Haven last year, but I am very scared of going this year due to the horror that is the Dan Ryan. We would obviously take 294 to avoid the construction directly, but I don't know if the trip is worth it. Four to five hungover metalheads stuck in traffic for extended periods of time does not sound very appealing.

Of course, the chances of me finding something I'd like at Impulse are about as low as the chances of you not making a drunken fool of yourself at some point during the fest. I guess I will likely just support the bands and the fest, but not the remote vendors. We shall see...

The Ryan may actually not be that bad....it's going to be hit or
miss....Russ took it the other day and it was a breeze....however,
if people get wind of that, they may start trying it again. Roll
the bones, bro! :)

Chris Lotesto said:

Thanks for the heads up!

Yes, we will have the new TG album, although we don't have very many...like 20...so first come, first served.

Also, since only the bands playing their day will be selling merch, make sure not to procrastinate your purchases for the Friday bands until Saturday. And if anyone wants to get our new album before Saturday, just come see me whenever.

See you guys tomorrow!!

Take care!
Rob

GateXII said:
Yes, we will have the new TG album, although we don't have very many...like 20...so first come, first served.

Also, since only the bands playing their day will be selling merch, make sure not to procrastinate your purchases for the Friday bands until Saturday. And if anyone wants to get our new album before Saturday, just come see me whenever.

See you guys tomorrow!!

Take care!
Rob

I think you can safely assume I want one of those. ;)