Vendors!

johan68

Apr 3, 2008
Clearwater, FL, U.S.A
I know it's early (very early), but am just wondering if the vendors are set for PPX yet?
Just curious if someone new will be added and / or someone will be gone.
Last years vendor line up was awesome. A great mix indeed.

and hopefully whoever is on the stage in the Vinyl won't have to suffer from the Easy Bake Oven lights. :ill: whew! I would have hated to work there all day.

Yes, those bastards must have suffered severely...:worship:

However, I heard that due to their almost superhuman strength and endless devotion to the ProgPower cause, came out of there stronger and better than ever...:lol:

I was just curious if there was ever a possibility of getting a fresh variety of vendors instead of the same old same old? I mean, I realize Sentinel Steel was a new addition last year and I heard Denis did very well. I am not talking about Sentinel Steel, but some of the vendors have been there a long time. Nothing against them personally, but isn't it time for new blood?

I was just curious if there was ever a possibility of getting a fresh variety of vendors instead of the same old same old? I mean, I realize Sentinel Steel was a new addition last year and I heard Denis did very well. I am not talking about Sentinel Steel, but some of the vendors have been there a long time. Nothing against them personally, but isn't it time for new blood?
How many vendors are there that really have the applicable merchandise for the festival's target audience, and the ability/interest to attend? Outside of the vendors who attend the festival regularly, I can only think of one American company I've ordered from in the last decade (MetalDisc.com) that services the prog and power genres. Am I missing some big sites?

Last year, I found that while there was a certain amount of overlap on the obvious bands/new releases, the vendors managed to complement each other very well and I think I ended up buying something from everyone.

Ken,

The answer is yes and no. And as I stated above its absolutely nothing personal at all, just a curiosity. To be honest I've bought quite a lot of cd's from you and you've always been fantastic. It was merely a curiosity and an observation. I apologize if I offended as that was not the intent. Yourself, Lance, Mike (exploding Neds), and Denis are not Z(Irepeat NOT) the ones I was talking about. I'm sure with deductive reasoning you can figure out who. Sorry for the miscommunication on my part.

Wait what? ... "hey guys, you have trucked through down here year after year, have made it extremely profitable while being totally classy to all of my concert goers, and you're all around good chaps, but um.. I think we're going to go with someone else."

Seriously, what's the thought process behind your suggestion?

I'm completely happy as is. The saying goes..."If it ain't broken, why fix it?"

I very much agree. I love the vendors!!! Sentinel Steel was a great new addition to last years group. I have to say that I hope that Den will come back.

But not only that, The Lazer's edge, Exploding Neds, Century Media, and CD Inzane have always been good to me. I save up the entire year just so I can slurge on whatever I want when I get there. :kickass:

Are you serious, man? If you can name as many vendors that would come to ProgPower that could possibly replace LaserCD, CD InZane, Century Media, Exploding Ned's, The End Records, and Nightmare Records...then by all means suggest them. Who do you want? Unique Leader and Willowtip tables at ProgPower? I don't think it is possible for there to be too much "new blood"...as we already have what we need in vendors at PP. ProgPower has the best and most appropriate vendors of any festival I've been to in the States. Don't mess with a good thing.

I forget what vendor dropped out last year (IIRC, it was CM Distro). I'd like to see them back IN ADDITION to all the other wonderful vendors. I know there's almost no room in that small space when it's packed to the gills with people - but I do plunk down quite bit of cash at each show. That's one of the highlights of going to PP is buying all those CDs that I listen to throughout the year. :headbang: :kickass:

I thought it was great having Sentinel Steel there, however I was a bit put off that they didn't accept credit cards. So hopefully they'll be able to take them this year. I would have spent much more than I did there, had I not had to pay in cash.

I forget what vendor dropped out last year (IIRC, it was CM Distro). I'd like to see them back IN ADDITION to all the other wonderful vendors. I know there's almost no room in that small space when it's packed to the gills with people - but I do plunk down quite bit of cash at each show. That's one of the highlights of going to PP is buying all those CDs that I listen to throughout the year. :headbang: :kickass:

CM Distro was there in 2008.... As I recall, it was Inside/Out that did not return, and was replaced with Sentinel Steel.

I can't think of too many other CD vendors offhand who I'd like to see there and who would be willing to make the kind of concerted effort it takes to do a festival like ProgPower 'right'....

It would be neet, if there was room, to see other types of vendors there. F'rinstance, a friend of mine who does excellent leather armor was interested in vending at PP last year but I told him openings were seldom, and historically given to CD vendors. (He's the guy who makes armor for, e.g., Dimmu Borgir and Behemoth, really cool stuff, but 'there's no room at the PPUSA inn.' :))