ventura highway- by AMERICA, reminds me of

T

true light

insignificant, WD AND co.

GREAT STUFF *THANKS*
=====================================

When Stanley Kubrick recruited Arthur C. Clarke to collaborate on "the proverbial intelligent science fiction film," it's a safe bet neither the maverick auteur nor the great science fiction writer knew they would virtually redefine the parameters of the cinema experience. A daring experiment in unconventional narrative inspired by Clarke's short story "The Sentinel," 2001 is a visual tone poem (barely 40 minutes of dialogue in a 139-minute film) that charts a phenomenal history of human evolution. From the dawn-of-man discovery of crude but deadly tools in the film's opening sequence to the journey of the spaceship Discovery and metaphysical birth of the "star child" at film's end, Kubrick's vision is meticulous and precise. In keeping with the director's underlying theme of dehumanization by technology, the notorious, seemingly omniscient computer HAL 9000 has more warmth and personality than the human astronauts it supposedly is serving. (The director also leaves the meaning of the black, rectangular alien monoliths open for discussion.) This theme, in part, is what makes 2001 a film like no other, though dated now that its postmillennial space exploration has proven optimistic compared to reality. Still, the film is timelessly provocative in its pioneering exploration of inner- and outer-space consciousness. With spectacular, painstakingly authentic special effects that have stood the test of time, Kubrick's film is nothing less than a cinematic milestone--puzzling, provocative, and perfect

never seen that... i'll have to check it out, sounds interesting. Kubrick is definately a very original director, he has had some strange but wonderful films... it is just too bad that that piece of shit tom cruise flick was the last thing he made... the only good about that film was the naked chicks hahaha... other than that I thought it was pretty lame

i heard its better with ACID, but i have never done that, with that film.
Yes TOM CRUISE and NICOLE, were very lame on it badly cast...as to the orgie, yeah it was tops.

this is tops I really like it
============================
Band: Coal Chamber
Title: Dark Days
Label: Roadrunner
Releasedate: 5/6/2002

Rating:
Reviewer: Patrick
patrick@pitfather.com

'Dark Days' is the new album of the shock rock foursome. Fifteen dark melodic and especially heavy songs. At least if you got the limited, all black, version.
Beginning with 'Fiend' the pace and me(n)tallity is set for the rest of the cd. This is followed by 'Glow'. Looking at some of the lyrics, you can tell that Coal Chamber isn't a new kid on the block. Some of them deal with things related to music business. Others are more personal. Songs like 'Drove' and 'Empty jar' clearly states more personal issues than the before mentioned 'Fiend'.
The normal cd counts twelve songs, but the limited edition has three extra songs on it. 'Anxiety' and 'Save Yourself' as normal songs and a remix version of 'One Step'. It is striking that most songs have a catchy refrain, that lingers in your head easily.
Also the artwork of the cd booklett is dark and gloomy. And even the Mexican phrases helps to increase that image.
Coal Chamber is back in all black and it is sure great that they are.