Very short tonetest (6505+TS808 clone+AD w/samples)

Urgul

Jun 6, 2007
Poland
www.soundclick.com
Hi guys!

Here's very short tonetest I did for a band I'll be recording soon. They wanted short death-metal clip with blast beats, so I recorded this: http://www.box.net/shared/1u2hnm880l

What do you think?

Guitars are 4 tracks of 6505 + TS808 clone in front of it.
Drums are AD for cymbals and snare and some samples (kick 100% replaced, snare replaced in about 50%).
No bass unfortunately :(

I think it's gonna work out fine. I don't like the drum sounds too much but I'm not sure if that is what you are going to use for the band. This thread seems to be about the guitar tone though, and the guitar sounds pretty good, but I guess bass would be nice to have along with it. But as a starting point, it seems good for that style. It's a little "boxy" but that usually fits nicely in that music.

Samples in the last tonetest I posted are from Devil Driver's mogg file, so I think I can't post it right here. In the first tonetest I've used 3 snare samples - original AD DW snare (I think) and 2 snares I found on this forum (I can't remember exactly which ones and I can't check it out right now because I'm at work). I'll check it later and inform you if you want :)