Video Game music

I found the tracks fit where they're played perfectly in the game, so who cares about it's "gothic cohesiveness"?

As someone who played Castlevania 1 through 4 each when they were brand new, you come to expect a certain style of music from the series. The Castlevania series has been known for its great music since the NES days, and a big reason Castlevanias 1 through 4 are often cited as having the best music for their respective systems is the unique gothic stylings of their soundtracks.

I think the first 2 games are remembered more for their music than their gameplay, actually. The music had a huge part in establishing the early Castlevania fanbase. Symphony of the Night's soundtrack is good, but it didn't sound like a Castlevania soundtrack. Well, now it does, because all the newer games have music closer in style to Symphony's.

It doesn't really matter at all but there's also the fact that SOTN is at least 63.5X better than any other Castlevania game.

It's the best Metroidvania (though the latest DS game comes pretty close). You can't really make a direct comparison to the stage-based games. They're different types of games.

Stemage (metroidmetal.com) has some cool stuff. His version of Bryyo and Phendrana Drifts are both good. Powergoat does some good castlevania mixes too.
Final fantasy music, especially 9 is great.

ocarina of time obviously is the best use of music ever in a video game, but fact is if you listen to it while you're not playing the game you are an antisocial dork

ocarina of time obviously is the best use of music ever in a video game, but fact is if you listen to it while you're not playing the game you are an antisocial dork

I partly agree and at the side of that...not.

The music is awesome even if listened outside of the game, but it's MUCH better not to, it's just not that interesting...or I'm just thinking of the Gerudo desert theme, I can't listen to that one, but I love it in the game. :rolleyes:

Agony

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks3PHI2diuY&feature=related[/ame]

Dimmu Borgir ripped off and made it into Sorgens Kammer.

Grim Fandango, Fallout 2, Baldur's Gate, System Shock 2 and BioShock have really good soundtracks. Castlevania, Zelda and FF are good too. And Phoenix Wright. :D

And Silent Hill 2's OST, without the lame rock songs. They break the ambiance.

Actually they don't have THAT awesome music, but the games itself are great. :headbang:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEeuetOsxKg&feature=related[/ame]

C'mon! This is truly awesome! Don't get fooled because the sound on the DS sucks.

Not everyone owns a DS. I got lucky that my brother owns one. It is a "kinda" underrated game since ppl think it's a game for children. Still, I'm 19 and I enjoyed the game way more than my brother who's 15. I think the last time I had so much fun playing video games was 15 years ago when I recieved my SNES.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I don't fucking understand is how people can honestly believe that someone is somehow an "antisocial" dork for listening to video game music that is fucking awesome, how is that any different than listening to other music for example movie soundtracks, etc?

People are such stupid shits.

Diablo II Tristram.

Castlevania - Bloody Tears

Diablo II Lut Gholein, Rogue Encampment, Act 2.

What I don't fucking understand is how people can honestly believe that someone is somehow an "antisocial" dork for listening to video game music that is fucking awesome, how is that any different than listening to other music for example movie soundtracks, etc?

People are such stupid shits.

Settle Petal.
Yes people are stupid shits, but theyre the ones missing out. :kickass: