VIDEO: My band Benevolent's Signature Pedal from IGNITE AMPS (FREE PLUGIN INSIDE)

aytchster

Jun 30, 2010
Hello everyone!

Check out my band's new signature custom pedal called the Tyrant Screamer TSB-1 from Ignite Amps.

You can download the FREE Tyrant Screamer (TSB-1) plugin version (Win/Mac/VST/AU) from http://igniteamps.com/en/audio-plug-ins

Cheers!
Hadi

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers!

Looks interesting. How does this pedal differ from the ts808?

It is voiced to work for low tuned guitars and allow more control, specially with the Sweep feature. Also differs with the Boost function and an extended Drive range.

Hadi

There one interesting thing about TSB-1, if 2x oversampling is used input white noise leads to abrupt disappearance of sound, with 4x and 8x all works as it should. In boost mode any oversampling setting leads to disappearance of output signal.

There one interesting thing about TSB-1, if 2x oversampling is used input white noise leads to abrupt disappearance of sound with 4x and 8x all works as it should.
This is related to the internal non-linear equations solver and solution predictor, which is tuned and optimized to work with guitar/bass signals, rather than random samples :)
With higher sampling rates, it gets stable, as the transition within samples is smoothed by oversampling.
I preferred to write an algorithm that uses less CPU and works as it should for what has been designed to work with (guitar and bass), rather than an algorithm that uses more CPU just to be stable for white/pink noise.

In boost mode any oversampling setting leads to disappearance of output signal.
This has been fixed in version 1.0.1, which is coming very soon.

Cheers

Understood. But, can this problem arise, in some cases, with DIs?
Maybe in case with realtime play when guitar output some noise (pickup switching etc.)?

Understood. But, can this problem arise, in some cases, with DIs?
Maybe in case with realtime play when guitar output some noise (pickup switching etc.)?
I've never experienced that and none has ever reported this kind of problem for the TS-999, which uses the same scheme for solution prediction and is out since Feb 2011, so the situation you're describing shouldn't cause issues.

Additionally, I've implemented some additional stability checks in v1.0.1, so if something goes wrong, the plug-in should "repair" itself without crashing or muting completely.
TS-999 will be updated as well, later on.

I would like to see something more on web page, like some leads on price range for pedals or preamps, or even guitar amp. Especially what is price for already made electronics.
I like idea that it is possible to get signature sound and I'm planning to get something for me too.

TS-999 works fine, no such problems at all.
I`m just wanted to see frequency response difference between TS-999 and TSB-1 using white noise, TS-999 worked and TSB-1 failed.
So I`m mentioned it here.