Video of me playing "The Odyssey"

Damn, dude. That was pretty amazing :headbang:

EDIT: I just watched your Inferno video. That was quite amazing as well, man. Your Youtube profile says you're only 19... that'd better not be true, lol.

yea i've been playing since i was 12, and that was in august of 2000. i graduated high school in '06.

thanx guys, i really appreciate the compliments. yea i dunno wtf happened to my distortion pedal, but w/e - i'm just playing through a little line6 spider ii practice amp. the webcam i recorded has really shitty sound; the computer speakers and amp sound awesome in person, i swear.

I had a Line 6 spider, so I know what they are capable of, and what they sound like in person. No worries, just keep jammin:kickass:

shit, i tried getting my settings for you; unfortunately i bumped the knobs a few times and my settings are locked in, but not true to the dials. my suggestion is just dicking around with it to be honest, make drastic changes and play w/ it - line6's are toys, so treat it like one. i'm always changing my tone around, and the best way to do it is to keep messing w/ it.

I thought your tone was fine, actually.

And the playing is phenomenal... any tips on what you did to increase your consistency (ie ability to not screw up at all)?

i used to play with a metronome to build up speed, and eventually the metronome became obsolete when learning to play songs. it's a fact that any guitar player that knows how to read tab and play w/ proper technique can play anything, so long as it's started out very very slow. the tapping solo in that song was definitely the most difficult to play - romeo has a stamp on those tapping solos, and they are very difficult to mimic. you have to play everything as slow as you need to in order to play each note cleanly. i would say that most guitarists who fail at nailing difficult solos are the ones who give up, because they want so badly to be able to play it up to speed that they get impatient (and a headache). it takes time, and it takes steps. you really have to build your speed and once you can play a solo slow, then build it up to playing it at a medium speed, you're about 1/2 way there. practice, practice, practice - relaxation and concentration.