Videos on Signed Character cd

Sedrik

Nov 18, 2004
Sweden
Ok so I got my signed copy of Character today. The videos on it was a HUGE disapointment.. :( worst quality ever and the following autostart application failed to play them.. thought they where quicktime format but was ordinary .mpg files.. really bad..

but the signatures and the album was well spended money :D

so you thought that quicktime format is any good? i think it's as abominable as real player.
i got movies in non-quicktime and non-real-player format and the quality is like DVD quality... and they are not as big as other worse qualities.

I hope the videos work in Linux.

Guys read my post again plz :p I said i thought they wheree quicktime but they wasn't..

The movies on the cd are small and crappy quality.. :/ sadly

Arch: I haven't encountered a single movie that mplayer can't handle so they are to work I guess

Arch said:
I hope the videos work in Linux.

They are .mpg's dude, so what ya think? ;)
Haven't watched them at all tho.

@Sedrik
QT, you have to be kidding, right?
RIGHT?

QT = tied to a piece of shit software.
MPG = compatibility.
compatibility > piece of shit software
compatibility > quality
thus MPG > QT

Salamurhaaja said:
@Sedrik
RIGHT?

Once again read my message! I THOUGHT that it was QT because when you close the autostart application you get the QT logo.

ok sedrik thanks for that onfos about this videothing on the limited edition
As theres no REAL new video or longer one and just the lost to apathy one as a second bonus I dont know what to buy.
I`ve read that the bonusvideos are some livestuff from corea, how long ist it and what can you see on it? is it worth to buy it?the limited one has the bader cover IMO
so I look fopr the normal one...

Salamurhaaja said:
They are .mpg's dude, so what ya think? ;)
Haven't watched them at all tho.

@Sedrik
RIGHT?

QT = tied to a piece of shit software.
MPG = compatibility.
compatibility > piece of shit software
compatibility > quality
thus MPG > QT

Just who the fuck said qt is better quality than mpeg? mpeg-2 is dvd quality and everyone can agree that is amazing, mpeg4 or divx has the same outstanding video quality on a fraction of the space. QT does nothing but perpetrate the long standing myth that macs are better for video editing, afaik you can build a much more faster pc able to hand better quality in Non linear editing with the same, stupidly outrageous price a mac goes for.

MagSec4 said:
If I were in a band, I'd just put bigass VHS cassettes in along with the signed CDs and ship those somamamitches.

Better yet send em a bunch of similar pictures and tell them to scroll them like a little book with their tumbs to get a moving image

Sedrik said:
Ok so I got my signed copy of Character today.

Just wondering...for the digipak version is the booklet the same as the jewel case one? or different as well? How about the artwork in the back? Thanx!

Also..is the cd-label just black and similar to the lost to apathy but instead with character 'one thought bringing it down' ?

thanx

solefald said:
ok sedrik thanks for that onfos about this videothing on the limited edition
As theres no REAL new video or longer one and just the lost to apathy one as a second bonus I dont know what to buy.
I`ve read that the bonusvideos are some livestuff from corea, how long ist it and what can you see on it? is it worth to buy it?the limited one has the bader cover IMO
so I look fopr the normal one...

I think the cover on the limited one is nice. not the same as the one that has been shown on the boards but still really sweet :) You got the cover that has been shown here on the booklet that follows :)

lucifer1126 said:
Just wondering...for the digipak version is the booklet the same as the jewel case one? or different as well? How about the artwork in the back? Thanx!

Also..is the cd-label just black and similar to the lost to apathy but instead with character 'one thought bringing it down' ?

thanx

yeah booklet and jewel case is the same one. I haven't seen the back of the original release so dont know about the back. but on the limited edition you got a picture of that grey city only with some clouds (it's really nice)

the cd label is black wit the dt character logo and the text "one thought bringing it down" just as you described it yes

Misanthrope said:
Better yet send em a bunch of similar pictures and tell them to scroll them like a little book with their tumbs to get a moving image
:confused: But I wasn't being sarcastic..
So much nonsense about the quality, the format, the McKormat..
I'd just send good old sturdy, rugged, bigass VHS cassettes.
I wouldn't have anyone bitching about the size, or the compatibility.