Vintersorg, Lazare, and other vocalists

aethene

New Metal Member
Nov 16, 2003
Michigan, USA
Visit site
How does one learn to perform 'grim' vocals? I haven't been able to find much information on it, and there's really no one to ask in this hippie town (not to put it down) -- Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA.

TB666 said:
Do you have to learn to do grim vocals ???
My grim vocals sounds like Dani filth mixed with varg vikernes.
And that is without practice.

and you can do that over about one hour with lyrics and stuff?

I consider myself a pretty good grim vocalist (others have told me I sound like Pekka Kokko from Kalmah = /). Anyway, my secret is Gatorade. That stuff just sticks in your throat and gives you a really crisp, clean grim vocal sound. Try some of that, I promise it'll help.

ll|ll|lll|l| said:
I consider myself a pretty good grim vocalist (others have told me I sound like Pekka Kokko from Kalmah = /). Anyway, my secret is Gatorade. That stuff just sticks in your throat and gives you a really crisp, clean grim vocal sound. Try some of that, I promise it'll help.
hum.....whats Gatorade???

I have a good idea for you every morning when you get up you have to growl into your pillow and soon you'll have killervoice!!!

what you have to do is pretty much exhale pretty hard and sort of constrict your throat to give it a sort of growl to it. do this to get the throat constriction right, and pretty soon you'll be able to control the exhaling and be able to vary your range.

odd thought: chocolate gives you a pretty interesting voice. don't ask why.