Vintersorg Music

EuroMetalGuy03

New Metal Member
Oct 8, 2004
my friends have told me about vintersorg, and i want to know if there is a website where i can listen to some of their music.

I don't think there's anything rude or wrong with downloading music to see if you like it. I always download before I buy something. I for one actually can not afford to pay up €20 everytime I want to see if an album is good or not. So I download, and if I like what I hear I buy it, if not it goes down the trashbin. Do you people have hundreds and hundreds of albums you don't like and don't listen to lying around?

amf is right. I don't think it is wrong to download some music before buying the cd. I have downloaded quite of few albums on slsk and if it is good I end up buying it. File sharing is a good way to help musicians get their music out there too. I took a chance with my first Vintersorg cd just based on some reviews I read. Now, I own actual copies of all five Vintersorg cds. Someone else may not want to take the risk that they won't like Vintersorg.

JonnyD said:
Whether its allowed or not its Kinda rude ..... Like this guy said Just go out and Buy it and Find out!
Yeah I think its kinda rude as well. There have been enough download threads on this forum that shows Vintersorg opposes it. Go buy the albums.

well i own 2 vintersorg albums, the 2 otyg albums and empirisc from borknagar, but i still download music, and here is the reason why i do it, first of all in the country i live(venezuela) the only way to know about metal music basically is from the internet, there is only 2 metal shops (at least both are in my town) in the whole country... and well i discover vintersorg thanks to downloading music and them i buy the albums, this in the particular case of vintersorg.

Now let me explain my general theory of downloading music... since the media, the radios, video channels etc are full of commercial and mostly crappy music(again specially in a country like mine), through the internet people can discover and found new styles of music that they really like and if the people really like something they go and buy it, so mine point is that throught this the non media music artist can expand their public, the non comercial styles (as vintersorg for example) are beneficiaries of this while the massive comercial music have the lost on this cause people star listening to other things.

there is also the people who just burn the albums, but i think that the real fans normally buy original things, and this kind of non comercial music trend to have more real fans

Metalforthespirit said:
well i own 2 vintersorg albums, the 2 otyg albums and empirisc from borknagar, but i still download music, and here is the reason why i do it, first of all in the country i live(venezuela) the only way to know about metal music basically is from the internet, there is only 2 metal shops (at least both are in my town) in the whole country... and well i discover vintersorg thanks to downloading music and them i buy the albums, this in the particular case of vintersorg.

Now let me explain my general theory of downloading music... since the media, the radios, video channels etc are full of commercial and mostly crappy music(again specially in a country like mine), through the internet people can discover and found new styles of music that they really like and if the people really like something they go and buy it, so mine point is that throught this the non media music artist can expand their public, the non comercial styles (as vintersorg for example) are beneficiaries of this while the massive comercial music have the lost on this cause people star listening to other things.

there is also the people who just burn the albums, but i think that the real fans normally buy original things, and this kind of non comercial music trend to have more real fans

I think you're totally right, real fans usually buy original things. I have all Vintersorg albuns and the Borknagar "Empiricism". Here in Brazil is not so easy to find metal material. I still waiting for the Borknagar "Epic" :erk:

:wave:

Well I should explain my words abit .... What I meant by rude was going on an Artists message board and tellin how you can get his music for free .... as for the act of downloading music it serves a good purpose you can find out if something will be a worthy purchase or what is shit .... and Believe it or not finding stuff in my part of america can be damn near impossible and when you dont have a bank account or credit cards ordering stuff online isnt easy either .... sorry if I offended anyone with my remarks I just think that pming the guy with the Soulseek link would have been more approprate(sp) :wave:

JonnyD said:
Well I should explain my words abit .... What I meant by rude was going on an Artists message board and tellin how you can get his music for free .... as for the act of downloading music it serves a good purpose you can find out if something will be a worthy purchase or what is shit .... and Believe it or not finding stuff in my part of america can be damn near impossible and when you dont have a bank account or credit cards ordering stuff online isnt easy either .... sorry if I offended anyone with my remarks I just think that pming the guy with the Soulseek link would have been more approprate(sp) :wave:

And I agree with you :p hehe

No offense taken. You may be correct. I maybe shouldn't have posted it on the forum, but I see nothing wrong with downloading music to make sure you enjoy it. I am positive that downloading has helped Vintersorg (and millions of other bands) sell records.

I think its very hard to get cds from european bands unless they are on a bigger metal label (Nuclear Blast, Century). OTYG stuff is hard to find.

The Heart of Winter said:
No offense taken. You may be correct. I maybe shouldn't have posted it on the forum, but I see nothing wrong with downloading music to make sure you enjoy it. I am positive that downloading has helped Vintersorg (and millions of other bands) sell records.

I think its very hard to get cds from european bands unless they are on a bigger metal label (Nuclear Blast, Century). OTYG stuff is hard to find.
I have discovered some of my favorite Bands by Downloading ..... But I have made a major Effort to own their albums after finding them Sometims its hard ... Finding Vintersorg in Vermont is Nearly impossible tho on a happy note I was able to find the New Borknagar to my amazement .... Downloading does Help the artist as long as ppl buy the recordes but if ppl are like say my X girlfriend they should be drug out into the street and shot she would download everybody and never ever buy any albums .... that always pissed me off ..... we basicly agree here so thats all that matters!