Vintersorg translated

Flowerpower

New Metal Member
Oct 11, 2004
Hey guys..do you know any place where i can find the Vintersorg songs translated from norwegian to english? I`ve searched the forum but didn`t find anything. Thanx a lot.

Flowerpower said:
Hey guys..do you know any place where i can find the Vintersorg songs translated from norwegian to english? I`ve searched the forum but didn`t find anything. Thanx a lot.

mr v is Swedish, not Norwegian ;) Tho maybe he gets more and more norwegian due to Borknagar? :p

Thidrek said:
Does he speak norsk or is it just easy to communicate with each other for skandinavians? (except for faroes and icelandics)

Norwegian, swedish and danish are pretty alike, so we easily understand each other, but of course there are words that are different and often difficult to understand..

I remember, mr.V told me that he doesnt sing in norwegian in Borknagar cause he has some trouble in pronouncing all the specific sounds correctly... :)

That you can understand by reading should be clear but I didn't know, that you can understand by talking with each other. :)
If I read for example Swedish newspapers I can understand a bit but if I read lyrics of Otyg or Vintersorg I understand NOTHING! ;)

There is extremely little difference between Written Danish and Norwegian. However when it comes to Swedish, I think it's a bit harder to read. Especially if it's a lot.

For you non Scandinavians here’s the difference. I will write a small sentence in Danish. Then Hopefully a Norwegian and a Swede will write the exact same thing in their Language.

Here I go: Jeg hedder Carsten, jeg er 22 år gammel. Jeg blev fan af Vintersorgs musik for 8 måneder siden.

hehehe, i can write the same in russian:
Меня зовут Денис, мне 19 лет. Я уже 2 года являюсь фаном Винтерсорга :)))

Or in German:

Jeg hedder Carsten, jeg er 22 år gammel. Jeg blev fan af Vintersorgs musik for 8 måneder siden.
Ich heiße Victor, ich bin 16 Jahre alt. Ich bin ein Fan von Vintersorgs(Wintersorgens :D) Musik seit 8 Monaten.

"Vintersorgs Musik" and "Måneder"/"Monate" are quite similar :D

Mantraschism said:
Now let a non-Scandinavian language speaker give a shot at that Norwegian translation:

Jeg heter Ryan, jeg er 21 år gammel. Jeg blev fan av Vintersorgs musik for 9 månader siden.

=P

I probably screwed something up. ~_~

Not bad for a non-scandinavian speaker.
You mixed up a bit from danish and norwegian.`But it was pretty good.
Here I go :

Jeg heter Carline, jeg er 22 år gammel. Jeg ble fan av Vintersorgs musikk for ca 4 år siden.

I think it`s not difficult to read either danish or swedish.
When it comes to listen to danish and swedish, I thinks it`s kinda difficult to understand danish.

Ég heiti Bessi, ég er tuttugu og þriggja ára gamall. Ég varð Vintersorgaðdáandi fyrir þremur árum síðan. :tickled:

Djöfull said:
Ég heiti Bessi, ég er tuttugu og þriggja ára gamall. Ég varð Vintersorgaðdáandi fyrir þremur árum síðan. :tickled:

If I compare it with the other skandinavian texts above it seems very alike but if I had to translate it by myself with the knowledge I've got I had found out nothing but "ára" and "heiti" :D

btw: Do you not speak the "ð" like the Faroses?