Vintersorg translated

amf said:
Again depends on dialects. I pronounce sk, ch and skj longer down the throat, don't think english has that sound, the sound you make when you.. erm.. gather saliva before you spit...

Like German and Welsh "CH" or spanish "J"?

amf: Å sounds something like A+O, like the A in call
thidrek: Åå - It's like an O

are there two ways to say this? or should i just meet halfway and pronounce it like oa as in the word "coal"

On the onehand the phonetics in my dictionary show "o:" but on the other hand amf is swedish so he might be more right. ;)
Maybe it depends on the dialects.. o_O

Seraphim Belial said:

are there two ways to say this? or should i just meet halfway and pronounce it like oa as in the word "coal"
I think you're quite right with the halfway-pronunciation, from what I've heard å tends to sort of 'glide' from o: to a. eller? :confused:

Seraphim Belial said:

Short and long Å sounds a bit different. Short is very similar to O, long is like the A in call. Compare with the english words "ball" and "again", the A's are pronounced differently.

Thidrek said:
Like German and Welsh "CH" or spanish "J"?
Ah, yes. But again many swedish dialects don't have that sound.

Flowerpower said:
Hey guys..do you know any place where i can find the Vintersorg songs translated from norwegian to english? I`ve searched the forum but didn`t find anything. Thanx a lot.
I've started doing a few translations of Vintersorg just for fun. I can post them for you when they're done if you want.

Wasn't there one in another thread who asked for translations?

btw: the "spit-gather" sound sounds.. very oddly. And Vintersorg for example does not speak or rather sing in this dialect, I think, because his sk, sj, sch, and so on or more like a mixture between a sh and a ch. But I cannot describe this in English. The Germans and the Welshs will know this. ;)