Vinyl?

Greeno

Oct 14, 2003
WV USA
So how many people here still collect records?

I didn't buy any vinyl through most of the 90's but for the last 3 or 4 years I've gotten back into it. One of the reasons was becuase it was cheap. Allot of the local used places sell records for 2 or 3 bucks a pop, so it's a good way to check out bands you've never heard for little money. Now it's turned into a collectors addiction, trying to find as much of the old 80's metal stuff on vinyl before it disappears forever or before the prices go up and I can no longer afford them..... which is starting to happen.

Me. Some. I got all the ZZ Top, KISS, Judas Priest & Some Cooper Records.
I'm working on getting a Motorhead collection Started. My friend that owns a record shop currently has a Ace of Spades picture disc. Fuckin' Killer! I haven't yet started a Maiden collection either, but that's in the works...

Yep, between 7"'s and 12"'s (and a few 10"'s), I've got about 1,500 records. Most of them are punk, but I've started working on the metal end of it a bit more recently (just got the first Angel Witch lp in the mail yesterday). Unfortunately, a lot of metal stuff tends to be a bit pricey here in Portland, as the demand has gone up in the past couple years. What record store are you talking about, Sixx? Don't worry, I won't snake that pic disc from you :D, just wondering if there's a good shop I haven't been checking out...

I buy vinyl, for 2 reason.

1. It's cheap.
2. Hard to find '80s hair metal is much easier to find on vinyl than CD unless I pay $50 to get the CDs imported from overseas. For example I can buy Keel records on vinyl in Melbourne just by walking into a store and they cost me about $4 each. If I wanted it on CD I would have to pay US$50 on ebay and then pay for the international mooney order and postage on top of that, and that comes to near $100 in Australian dollars!

The Trooper said:
I buy vinyl, for 2 reason.

1. It's cheap.
2. Hard to find '80s hair metal is much easier to find on vinyl than CD unless I pay $50 to get the CDs imported from overseas. For example I can buy Keel records on vinyl in Melbourne just by walking into a store and they cost me about $4 each. If I wanted it on CD I would have to pay US$50 on ebay and then pay for the international mooney order and postage on top of that, and that comes to near $100 in Australian dollars!
Do you know of any good places that sell used vinyl in Australia that have websites? I've only managed to find a couple, but the ones I've found always had great prices.

Radical Records have a website I think...

http://www.radical-records.com maybe? Or maybe .com.au not sure.

But I don't think they list their vinyl or 2nd hand stuff on there, only new CDs. Not sure though, worth checking maybe :) I usually just buy records straight from their store.