Vinyl?

mattt

Yes.
Feb 4, 2002
Just curious what peoples thoughts are on vinyl

do you like them?
do you own many?

do you buy new releases that are released on vinyl?

:D

I used to have thousands of albums on vinyl, but when I discovered the miracle of C.D.'s, I decided to sell them all and move with the new format.

My girlfriend has a collection of Feeder on vinyl, but otherwise no, I don't own any.

I think vinyl in general has a warmer sound, and the album covers look fantastic, but for the sake of convenience and space, C.D. has well and truly won me over.

I love vinyls! My collection isn't that big (200-300 vinyl albums), but I sure as hell love the more warm and natural sound of vinyls and the covers look much better too! Also they have kind of nostalgic feel which I like. I try to purchase new releases preferrably on vinyl also, I buy CD's only If I can't find vinyl versions but even then if I find the vinyl version later, I buy it too!

Love vinyl, didn't have a record player till last year and had all old IronMaiden and Poison (I know how gay) vinyl I was hadn't listen to since I was a wee young lad, and just had to get one to listern to all that old gear, loved it ever since, and been buying stuff like Diabolicum, Dust, and stuff from Mester Productions. Also it great because you can pick up hard to find or limited release, got the Destroyer 666 ..of wolves 7" which is only avaible on vinyl. + love the sound of a good old record

It's cool. I agree with most on the cover,s being the selling point for me, and their collectable status, but I have only bought cd's in the last couple of years. They sound way better, no matter what anyone tells me. But, if I had the money to blow, I would by all my albums both in cd and vinyl format. I'd keep the viny's for keep sakes, and listen to the cd format.