Virgin Steele interview

Glenn, care to comment??? I would personally love to see these guys on the PP stage as I have seen them perform in a few shit holes and was impressed beyond belief. They deserve a headline slot at a future prog power:headbang:

Someone can let David know that I attempted to contact him three years ago. I went so far as to even attempt it via his European booking agent as I know he had direct contact with him.

I never got a response.

As for the future, I'm waiting to see what the new album sounds like just like everyone else as I am a VS fan.

Glenn H.

House of Atreus Part I&II are great. I hope to see VS at ProgPower at a future date =)

General Zod said:
Can't say I'm a VS fan. The only disc I own by them is "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell, Part 1". That said, I love David's voice and am very intruiged by the new disc.

You probably saw my thread on RC, but that's probably my favorite disc by them. In my opinion, an underappreciated classic.

General Zod said:
I thought you hated VS. Didn't you call them "a poor man's Manowar"?

Huh? Either you have me confused with someone else or you're joking around (damn interweb). Virgin Steele is a great band, I would almost call Manowar "a poor man's Virgin Steele", but I do like Manowar's music to some degree, just not the imagery they project.

Dark One said:
Huh? Either you have me confused with someone else or you're joking around (damn interweb). Virgin Steele is a great band, I would almost call Manowar "a poor man's Virgin Steele", but I do like Manowar's music to some degree, just not the imagery they project.
I know. I'm screwing with you. If I put a little ":loco:" after every sarcastic sentence, it takes the fun out of it.

Zod

General Zod said:
I know. I'm screwing with you. If I put a little ":loco:" after every sarcastic sentence, it takes the fun out of it.

Zod

And I was about to write that for once, both Dark One/DarkOnes have the same opinion. VS is an amazing band, and I think they get labeled as a Manowar clone. I really like Manowar, but VS has far more range in their music.

Zod, you're close to NY. Go tell David D that Glenn will talk to him about a future PP :)

Steve in Philly

Harvester said:
Someone can let David know that I attempted to contact him three years ago. I went so far as to even attempt it via his European booking agent as I know he had direct contact with him.

I never got a response.

As for the future, I'm waiting to see what the new album sounds like just like everyone else as I am a VS fan.

Glenn H.

I feel for ya nugs. I got a e-mail confirmation from his label a few years ago for an interview on my college radio show. I even offered to use station funds to call the phone number they gave me, directly to NY (live on the air) and... Mr. DeFeis did not answer/or was not there. Keep in mind, I had interviewed Zero Hour, Power of Omens, Archetype, and DC Cooper.... most of which were generous enough to actually CALL the radio show for the interview!

I still think David DeFeis writes some of the greatest songs of all time and would kill to see Virgin Steel live sometime. David may be an all around great guy for all I know... but I do empathize with your irritation toward dealing with the business end of Virgin Steel... for sheezy.

The Michael

Michael TEOF said:
I feel for ya nugs. I got a e-mail confirmation from his label a few years ago for an interview on my college radio show. I even offered to use station funds to call the phone number they gave me, directly to NY (live on the air) and... Mr. DeFeis did not answer/or was not there. Keep in mind, I had interviewed Zero Hour, Power of Omens, Archetype, and DC Cooper.... most of which were generous enough to actually CALL the radio show for the interview!

I still think David DeFeis writes some of the greatest songs of all time and would kill to see Virgin Steel live sometime. David may be an all around great guy for all I know... but I do empathize with your irritation toward dealing with the business end of Virgin Steel... for sheezy.

The Michael

The Michael is not kidding. I was one of his radio listeners that day. Michael called and called and called and called and waited and waited and waited and waited.

I'd love to see VS. They're one of the only Macho Macho Man bands I listen to (Warlord is another)