VIRTUAL-PEEN POLL: Estimate how much worth of gear do you possess?

Estimate in USD

• 0-1000

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • 1000-2500

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • 2500-5000

Votes: 17 18.5%
  • 5000-10000

Votes: 24 26.1%
  • 10000-25000

Votes: 27 29.3%
  • 25000-50000

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • 50000+

Votes: 6 6.5%

• Total voters
I know its ridiculous, but my parents maybe contributed around $2000 to that total cost.
Remember your parents contributed much more by feeding you, clothing you and putting a roof over your head thus allowing all of your income to be disposable. Still, good for you for getting a job to get what you wanted. But give your parents a hug or something.

to have a detailed list for insurrance help this question alot ;)
45k spent in various kind of equipment and instruments of my hard earned and saved money from the last 15 years.
it aint that much, if you look on the streets and see how many fancy cars drive around, and most people buy them new all 3 years, this money in equipment is probably just peanuts.

i have to admit, i wouldnt have bought this if its just for hobby and fun, i have a certain goal in my life and these things are probably needed to achieve this goal.

PS: my family also contributed some funds in it of course, they know what i do and try to achieve, so they support me a little bit where support is needed (like a few hundreds for birthday, xmas...)

Mackie 32.8+ 24E $6000.00
2 Mackie Mdr 24/96 hard disk recorders $4000.00
Sony CD recorder/2 track mixdown deck $500.00
Lucid Gen X wordclock sync $400.00
M-Audio Firewire 410 $350.00
Korg Triton Rack $1100.00
Alesis QS7 Keyboard $600.00
Roland MC-50 Sequencer $300.00
Ibanez 6 string bass $550.00
Hartke bass amp and cab $700.00
Alesis Midiverb $150.00
TC Electronic D2 $400.00
2 Behringer MDX 4600 $240.00
Ludwig drumset $800.00
mics $600.00
24 channel snake $200.00
mic stands $200.00
cables $150.00

but if you count all the shit I bought and sold....alot more

Not that much that i've actually payed for, ~ $1000

however if i count the stuff that i have lying around the house that isn't mine but i can use and the stuff that i've been given it's more like $10000 +
If i counted all the soundscape units as what they cost when they were new, it'd be up to $20000

and just incase people say i'm spoilt, it's only coz my dad used to run a studio that there's so much lying around. The only stuff i've been given is ~$1500 i persuaded the local youth service to buy for me, and an old ibanez that it's pretty much impossible to put a price on as i've never actually found any record of one ever being bought or sold since they were first produced in the 70s. One hell of a guitar though

Remember your parents contributed much more by feeding you, clothing you and putting a roof over your head thus allowing all of your income to be disposable. Still, good for you for getting a job to get what you wanted. But give your parents a hug or something.

I've paid for my own clothes and my own food and part of my electricity since I was 16. They are good to me, but I hate them for not letting me record drums in my house. :mad: They still get plenty of hugs.

My recording gear, maybe about 2000$. My guitars would be about 2k aswell, most of that being my ESP Eclipse I CTM that my father bought me as a gift. In fact I actually think that, indirectly, he is the primary financer of pretty much all my music equipment. He is an awesome guy, and I'm getting a picture of him framed to hang in my studio for all he did for me, and all his support. Since it really wouldn't even exist without him.

My recording gear, maybe about 2000$. My guitars would be about 2k aswell, most of that being my ESP Eclipse I CTM that my father bought me as a gift. In fact I actually think that, indirectly, he is the primary financer of pretty much all my music equipment. He is an awesome guy, and I'm getting a picture of him framed to hang in my studio for all he did for me, and all his support. Since it really wouldn't even exist without him.

That's awesome dude, good on you! :kickass: