*Virus Picks His Jaw Up From The Floor*

Virus

Proud IMG Guitarist
Apr 17, 2001
Sheffield, England
:headbang: :worship: :OMG: :eek:

I just listened to the karaoke versions of The Clairvoyant and The Tower... WOAH!!!!!!!!!! 2002 is indeed a fine year for the I.M.G.!!!! Excellent work my friends! :) :D :)

So you're saying that even if we may lack some quantity, the overall quality is better than before? :p

Yeah thanx guys..... :)

I had a feeling the clairvoyant would raise an eyebrow or two.....somehow mm ec and myself captured a truly almost identical replica of the maiden sound from that era...!!

Im gonna go re-live the tower and have a few listens..... once again ec's bass work was truly something else.....!

OOOAAAR33 : I cant wait to hear your finished vox effort..... you may have to email them to someone....or ask EC for the account details we use and upload em there instead..... either way...i gotta hear your work.....

Did u do a finished mixdown or are u gonna upload your vox dry....??

RABS: As for an earlier question.... "hAve i done a copy of 7th son with vox"....no i havent yet....i was hoping maybe you would like to tackle it...??

Originally posted by Medsy
Yeah thanx guys..... :)

I had a feeling the clairvoyant would raise an eyebrow or two.....somehow mm ec and myself captured a truly almost identical replica of the maiden sound from that era...!!

Im gonna go re-live the tower and have a few listens..... once again ec's bass work was truly something else.....!

OOOAAAR33 : I cant wait to hear your finished vox effort..... you may have to email them to someone....or ask EC for the account details we use and upload em there instead..... either way...i gotta hear your work.....

Did u do a finished mixdown or are u gonna upload your vox dry....??

RABS: As for an earlier question.... "hAve i done a copy of 7th son with vox"....no i havent yet....i was hoping maybe you would like to tackle it...??

Yea Medsy, The Clairvoyant sure turned out well! :headbang: You guys deserve the credit there because the track you guys gave me to work with was superb and a joy to work with. :D

Thanks for the kind words regarding The Tower bass track, although I must admit that I wasn't particularly pleased with that one and I thought I could've done a better bass track for it. Glad you liked it anyway! :cool:

Maybe oooaaar33 could mail his track to one of you guys? As you know, my goofy e-mail account is likely to reject it! :( I'm looking forward to hearing it! :cool:

oooaaar33 (damn..hard to keep track of all the o's and a's) and I have been communicating via private messages. He is going to mail me his vocal track..mixed down to one file and dry. When I get it, I'll mail it over to you Medsy....unless you are not interested in mixing down the final version. If you want me to mix it, you'll need to send me your guitar lines seperate. I only have a mix of your guits with drums.

7th son. I could..but I was hoping you kept the working mix-board from the instrumental. You were the one who spliced the whole 2nd part in and everything. That would be a bear to have to re-do. If you still have the mix, you could just import the new vocal tracks....but if it were that easy, you probably already would have done that....

ummm...bad news rabs.....

I have deleted all 'working mixes folders' and am only left with finished mp3 versions of 7th, clairvoyant and the tower.....in fact i have no current project files at all....

So.... yeah mail me the tower vox and ill see if i can blend them in with my version.....

As for 7th.... ill try and give it a go.... but like i said i think ive deleted the mix files prematurely....ill see what i can do......

Crap.

That is what I figured.

In that case, the best bet might be to just convert the karaoke .mp3 into a wav and try to blend the vocals on top.

This is not the greatest thing..as doing it this way will definately make the vocal sound like they are 'floating' on top of the instruments....but for 7th son, it is a hell of a lot better than trying to remix the whole thing from scratch.

I'll give 7th a go. I do not yet have the tower vocals, so when I get them, I may see what I can do with those as well.

Buy a bigger harddrive and keep your working mixes! ;) I still have Deja Vu for crying out loud!

Originally posted by rabies
Crap.

That is what I figured.

In that case, the best bet might be to just convert the karaoke .mp3 into a wav and try to blend the vocals on top.

This is not the greatest thing..as doing it this way will definately make the vocal sound like they are 'floating' on top of the instruments....but for 7th son, it is a hell of a lot better than trying to remix the whole thing from scratch.

I'll give 7th a go. I do not yet have the tower vocals, so when I get them, I may see what I can do with those as well.

Buy a bigger harddrive and keep your working mixes! ;) I still have Deja Vu for crying out loud!

Aren't the 7thSon working files on MyPlay? I could've sworn that I've seen them there. :confused:

Some of them. I don't think Medsy's parts are up there..as he did the original mix. mostly the entire middle section. We recorded this whole song in three pieces....and then there was Medsy improvising the bass line at one part to fill in a gap..etc.

It could be redone..but it would be a huge project.