Vision Divine Question

control-denied777 said:
why play "needle lies" when they have more than 20 (original) better songs???
My heart goes out to people like you. Maybe these folks can be of somehelp to you:

http://www.quit-smoking-crack.com/

Dark One said:
I enjoy "The Needle Lies", but I'm completely with you on this one.
Huh? You agree with him that Vision Divine has 20 songs that are better than "The Needle Lies"?

Zod

General Zod said:
You agree with him that Vision Divine has 20 songs that are better that "The Needle Lies"?

Zod

Not at all, I thought he was referring to 20 other Queensryche songs that Vision Divine could've chosen to cover.

EDIT - yeah, I guess with the inclusion of the word "original" he meant Vision Divine songs, so if that's the case, no I don't agree with him.

If you go to the Vision Divine website, they have a section on the site called the Divine Player where people have picked out songs that you can listen to. One of the lists had The Needle Lies so you could listen to it there.

control-denied777 said:
why play "needle lies" when they have more than 20 (original) better songs???

I agree to the extent that i don not want to hear them play a cover song when they only have 1 hour to play their material. I want to hear VD play VD songs. With 4 albums released, they have plenty of awesome material to fill the 1 hr. slot.

FatesFan said:

First of all, Fates Fan, thanks for sending the links. That's awesome!

I really like VD (what an odd sentence), but the covers are just okay. The Needle Lies is decent, but as Dark One and Zod said, it is no where near the original. It is just lacking in power.

Take On Me is pretty cool, but nothing compared to their original songs.

Hey, cool of you to post them!

Steve in Philly

DarkOne said:
First of all, Fates Fan, thanks for sending the links. That's awesome!

I really like VD (what an odd sentence), but the covers are just okay. The Needle Lies is decent, but as Dark One and Zod said, it is no where near the original. It is just lacking in power.

Take On Me is pretty cool, but nothing compared to their original songs.

Hey, cool of you to post them!

Steve in Philly

Not a problem and I agree with you that they are not as good as the originals as few things are. It is still fun to hear covers by established bands though.