VNV Nation

MiniMoose

Apr 22, 2008
http://www.myspace.com/vnvnation

Check them out. For some reason, I seem to see some VNV fans here and there on this forum. The music is pretty far away from Katatonia...but maybe it's a similar dark musical landscape of some sort?
For those who like electronic music.

They've just come out with a new album. Which you hear on myspace.
Sadly I only like their Album EMPIRES...so much that I've been even a bigger forum whore at their forum Weltfunk.

This being one of the bigger songs from that album:

Another crash and burn topic..but just out of curiosity.

Who here actually like this stuff?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've liked their music for years, particularly Empires and Futureperfect. Most of their newer stuff just doesn't quite have the same feel, IMO.

Edit: I must say, though, that Ghost is one hell of a song.

I've liked their music for years, particularly Empires and Futureperfect. Most of their newer stuff just doesn't quite have the same feel, IMO.

Edit: I must say, though, that Ghost is one hell of a song.

Yeah, this seems to be their best cd since Empires..funny, cause it's the only one I won't buy I think. I've just grown tired of them sadly. Futureperfect was the beginning of their demise I feel..but still even their worst is still worth a listen.

I like blutengel,necessary response,wolfsheim etc .... so I'm diggin their stuff, thanks

Np :)

:wumpscut: is great. Some of the darkest (in the evil sense) music I've heard.

Yea, earlier wumpscut is as cold and evil as it probably can get.

But, let's not forget the cooler evil (even if they look completely out of this world silly)

Hocico

www.myspace.com/hocicoh

Earlier material from them was brilliant..not sure about the latest years. Maybe they've found a good sound again..they went a bit overboard with the dance sounds..which I hate.

Yea, earlier wumpscut is as cold and evil as it probably can get.

But, let's not forget the cooler evil (even if they look completely out of this world silly)

Hocico

www.myspace.com/hocicoh

Earlier material from them was brilliant..not sure about the latest years. Maybe they've found a good sound again..they went a bit overboard with the dance sounds..which I hate.

I've been listening to Hocico for quite a few years now...fantastic band and very very dark. Mentallo & the Fixer is another good one.

Let's not forget Skinny Puppy either. Fucking brilliant and just so damn dark and twisted. They're my favorite band of the genre and it's subgenres and one of my all-time favorite bands as well.

Have you heard Velvet Acid Christ? Check out his song "Masked Illusion" if you haven't.

I've been listening to Hocico for quite a few years now...fantastic band and very very dark. Mentallo & the Fixer is another good one.

Let's not forget Skinny Puppy either. Fucking brilliant and just so damn dark and twisted. They're my favorite band of the genre and it's subgenres and one of my all-time favorite bands as well.

Have you heard Velvet Acid Christ? Check out his song "Masked Illusion" if you haven't.

Velvet Acid Christ? Oh yes, I have a friend who at least used to be a huge fan of them (not sure anymore though). They had an album which I think I remember the title almost "somethingsomething...playing with knives?"
Anyhoo, I had forgotten about them. I'll check'em out again. Thanks. Never heard any music by Mentallo And The Fixer. I'll check that out too..!

Btw, the new Hocico sounds way better than they have in the last few years. Not easy to get ahold of the cd though, to a reasonable price..that is.

Velvet Acid Christ? Oh yes, I have a friend who at least used to be a huge fan of them (not sure anymore though). They had an album which I think I remember the title almost "somethingsomething...playing with knives?"
Anyhoo, I had forgotten about them. I'll check'em out again. Thanks. Never heard any music by Mentallo And The Fixer. I'll check that out too..!

Btw, the new Hocico sounds way better than they have in the last few years. Not easy to get ahold of the cd though, to a reasonable price..that is.

The Velvet Acid Christ album is called fun with knives I think. Pretty good album, havnt listened to it in years though, must fish it out and have a listen.

Agreed. Skinny Puppy is one of the best industrial bands ever. I'm so glad they got back together and are still writing and touring. The new Ohgr album is fantastic as well.

Agreed. Skinny Puppy is one of the best industrial bands ever. I'm so glad they got back together and are still writing and touring. The new Ohgr album is fantastic as well.

Ohgr is awesome, and the new album really is fantastic. It's not as catchy as the other albums (not that that means anything), but it's certainly more disturbing. Eyecandy and Whitevan...my god. Chilling and terrifying in such a cool and calm manner. It's brilliant.

In the same vein as Whitevan's lyrics would be Death In Vegas' song "Aisha". Definately worth checking out.