Vocal effects

shane_man15

New Metal Member
Apr 17, 2011
Mainly I know most of Joey's effects are done by using a Kaoss Pad.
But How do you do the whole "fade in vocals reverb whatever" thing like he does with some vocals in songs he's recorded?

I had a friend from Connersville that had his own studio that knew how to do it, but I couldn't remember how to do it when he showed me. :(

I do it different. And it seems to work I go:

record reverb track onto new track, reverb should had long tail

print it

reverse it

I know that IR-1 from Waves has a "reverse" button that you can use to get the same results. I haven't personally used it but have seen it been used and it does the trick.

or... you can bus the vocals and reverb out to another *new audio track and internally layback the performance without ever having to leave the daw.

you can bounce it too but typically the mix engine is much better than the render engine (at least in pro tools).

I do it different. And it seems to work I go:

record reverb track onto new track, reverb should had long tail

print it

reverse it

This is how I do it as well. really simple. I make sure to leave the reversed reverb on it's own track so I can control the volume of it separately from the actual vocals. Since what we are hearing is actualy a reversed reverb effect, reversed. I usually do this in stereo too with a bit of delay to put it elsewhere in the pan spectrum.

I don't think you got banned just because you would bump an old thread. I think it was mostly because you would bump an old thread just to say "+1" ;)

Wait so they would possibly ban me for replying to a post that was made this year? Go for it. A bit of a late reply, but who the fuck cares.