vocal plug in

KeithRT99

BOOSH.
Nov 8, 2005
Vallejo,CA
www.soundclick.com
whats the name of a plug in that removes the center channel vocals, so you can karaoke on a track? i'm busting out some power metal vocals on this angra track, and i wanna remove as much as i can from the track. i've seen this plug in in the past i just cant think of the name. is it a waves plug?

You don'y need a plug in - split the stereo track into two channels and invert the phase of each track - then switch your mix into mono and there you go - makes you realise how many great sounding alnums are mostlt mono with ambience/oh and vocal verb only down the far left and far right. Helps if you have a spectrometer so you can see the phase relationship and balance the two faders properly - waves has a great phase meter as does the SSL.

analogx.com has a free vocal remover plug.

warning, most of these vocal remover plugs remove everything in the center of the track.

Once I neede a karaoke song for a kid to sing at his commencement, I used analog x's plug to remove the vox, then added back the kick drum by copying the original and filtering out everything above 300hz or so
added another copy and hi passed at 5k to get the snare back

not perfect but workable, all of the center-cancelling plugs leave a bit of ambience from the vox, kind of unavoidable

If you have samplitude it has a setting in its multiband plugin for it

as people have said..far from perfect. But excellent for hearing the effects chain on vocals and lead guitars